Ammunition type...

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

skurj

Ammunition type...

Post by skurj »

Errm perhaps I should already know the answer to this one...

Anyways I have gone over the manual (V5.0) and I cannot find any listed method to select ammunition type when firing upon targets with a tank. Is there any need to in the game? or does it just fire the ammunition type relevant to the target?"auto"

I can select to just fire the main gun...

SKurj
KDiggity

Post by KDiggity »

Good question!!

I've been wondering this myself... I'll be happy to find out! :D

Thanks for asking the question, and thands to whoever answers it!

Kieran
Figmo

Post by Figmo »

The game automatically selects AP or HE for you depending on the target. And you can't select HEAT or SABOT - it's just used on the appropriate target. One thing I've noticed is - in your first few shots your HEAT and SABOT get used up. So with my smaller sized guns I'll try to hold off firing until the enemy is closer.

Hope this helps,
Figmo
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f
skurj

Post by skurj »

Thanx Figmo

Be nice to be able to select, I've heard of allies using HE vs early German armor which although it wouldn't penetrate, the HE was able to cause the armor plates to separate.

SKurj
Flashfyre

Post by Flashfyre »

There was another post where Paul explained about the ammo types and their uses. Something to the effect of: units with HEAT/APCR capability have the type of ammo selected during the hit resolution. These types of ammo are depleted first, before the AP and HE rounds. If a particular gun fired a "mix" of shells (like some AA guns, which included HE, tracer, AP, and other ammo types in their clips), there is no HEAT or APCR ammo listed by quantity; the game engine assumes the existence of these rounds, and adjusts the penetration results accordingly.

You might try searching for the thread about this....

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”