Replacement Editor

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
MikeC317

Replacement Editor

Post by MikeC317 »

I apologize if this has been covered before. I haven't messed around with the replacement editor since COW days and I was curious about using it so I tried an experiment with the Korea tutorial titled "Tutorial." I edited the South Korean regiments so the had 32 AT- teams authorized and 6 M-18 Hellcats, but with 0 assigned. Then in the replacement editor I set up for AT- teams to start on turn 16, and M-18s to start on turn 26. However, when I played the modified scenario, both of those weapons replacements started immediately. BTW the South Koreans do a lot better with something to kill tanks, who woulda thunk it? What gives, is there a bug with the replacements editor?
sPzAbt653

RE: Replacement Editor

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I don't see that issue in the scenario I am currently playing. Up to turn 18 and replacements appear to be working as designed, as seen below.

Two thoughts - if there are any in the On Hand pool at start, or if any units start with those types of equipment and suffer losses that send them to the On Hand pool. In both cases it would appear that replacements had started when they actually hadn't. Otherwise, not sure why that is happening.

Attachments
jpeg80.jpg
jpeg80.jpg (93.65 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Szilard

Post by Szilard »

Works OK in the thing I'm playing with.

On a tangent: I really wish you could set the "fixed" re-entry point for a unit to any hex, rather than just the first objective of Track 1.

Eg: In the thing I'm playing with, I want UK reconstitutions to arrive in the UK and French in France. But that's not going to work if you set a fixed hex for the scenario, or let Elmer use its default algorithm. And the first objective of Track 1 may often be a hex which gets overrun ...

Also: It seems that air units can reconstitute in out-of-supply hexes, which is a real pain, especially if the AI is playing a side & it just leaves them there ...
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I want UK reconstitutions to arrive in the UK and French in France.
Go into the Unit Replacement Priority dialogue and you can set a fixed hex for each unit.

Edit: Not true!
Szilard

Post by Szilard »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
I want UK reconstitutions to arrive in the UK and French in France.
Go into the Unit Replacement Priority dialogue and you can set a fixed hex for each unit.

Can you? As far as I can see, the "fixed" thing just selects the unit's formation's obj 1 of track 1, as it says in the manual, and you can't change it.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

That's one of those things that I wished we could do for so long that tricked myself into thinking that it was possible. Now that I actually look at it, you are correct, and I am with you.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

OT, but where to d/l the grey rather than the yellow equipment.bmp, Steve?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I just stuck it in Post #10 here:
tm.asp?m=4395821&mpage=1&key=&#4523039

Return to “Tech Support”