Tutorial '41 - Including 1st Step Slides [TOAW 3.4] - Now for TOAW 4!

Post new mods and scenarios here
Oberst_Klink

RE: Tutorial '41 - Including 1st Step Slides [TOAW 3.4]

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: budd

Sir thank you for the informative tutorials, they have been a great help. How about a request for a tutorial about using the PO assist function, with slides of course[:)]
Well... in fact, I could just do that! My Tutorial '45 is nearly done, a few more tweaks though. But, on-top of demonstrating how heavy rocket artillery can de-entrench defenders, I could simply add a demonstration how to assign one formation (in this case the 2nd Gds.Tank.Corps) to the AI... Thanks! I will do just that.

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (548.81 KiB) Viewed 474 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I started going through this Tutorial. I thought I had the latest version, and had air units both north and south of the playing area. But I just started it over and now I have no air unit to the south of the playing area. Where do I check to see what scenario version I have loaded?

Thanks
rick
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: rickier65

I started going through this Tutorial. I thought I had the latest version, and had air units both north and south of the playing area. But I just started it over and now I have no air unit to the south of the playing area. Where do I check to see what scenario version I have loaded?

Thanks
rick
Rick

thanks for your feedback; appreciated. Here's the latest version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4gnl00u8bsqh ... 9.zip?dl=0

Let me know if that works.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

ORIGINAL: rickier65

Thanks
rick
Rick

thanks for your feedback; appreciated. Here's the latest version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4gnl00u8bsqh ... 9.zip?dl=0

Let me know if that works.

Klink, Oberst

Thanks! That one does have both air units in it.

Thanks
Rick
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

I guess Im the lame one here but how do we use this tutorial? Just load it and follow along with the posts in this forum?
Matrix Member since 2003!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

I guess Im the lame one here but how do we use this tutorial? Just load it and follow along with the posts in this forum?
That was the intention. I haven't put them together into a .PDF yet; fighting at some other fronts at the moment. The slides and the accompanied texts are guidelines; together with the .SCE I have provided with each tutorial. I've tried to cover most aspects of the game mechanisms and the features in digestible bites. Naturally, I am always happy to get any kinds of feedback. So, don't be shy and shoot.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
CacheMonet

Post by CacheMonet »

thanks for this!!... this will help me get back into the swing of things!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

All the Tutorials with direct links.

Tutorial '41: tm.asp?m=4382552
Tutorial '42: tm.asp?m=4387818
Tutorial '42 - Editor: tm.asp?m=4401098
Tutorial '43: tm.asp?m=4390285
Tutorial '43 - Combat: tm.asp?m=4394374
Tutorial '44: tm.asp?m=4397183
Tutorial '45: tm.asp?m=4412329

I wonder, what your favourite might be...

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

Here you go. This was the last auto save. I renamed it. This is at the start of Yugo turn 15.
The answer... sorry about the delay.

Klink, Oberst

Hi,

Really like the scenario together with the explanation - will work my way through the whole series to dive into the game!

Some quick questions:

1. I also have trouble with the supply levels in the scenario - even if I don't push my units very hard and keep my LoS open, their health and supply level will get into the red and will never get better than a dark yellow, which makes this very hard. Does any of the versions of this scenario that are available for download have the supply distribution "fixed" that you describe above?

2. There is the whole list of tutorial scenarios linked in your emails - are these always the latest version? Somewhere in this thread, you linked to the "latest" version - will that be included in the regular download or do I have to search for the latest version?
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Hi,

Really like the scenario together with the explanation - will work my way through the whole series to dive into the game!

Some quick questions:

Comments in Italics below |

1. I also have trouble with the supply levels in the scenario - even if I don't push my units very hard and keep my LoS open, their health and supply level will get into the red and will never get better than a dark yellow, which makes this very hard. Does any of the versions of this scenario that are available for download have the supply distribution "fixed" that you describe above?

I had a look at the version in question and yes, the FSDE (Formation Supply Distribution Efficiency) was still set to 30; I have changed it now to 65. I have also changed the rail damage probability to NIL; so the supply line should be fixed along the RR.

2. There is the whole list of tutorial scenarios linked in your emails - are these always the latest version? Somewhere in this thread, you linked to the "latest" version - will that be included in the regular download or do I have to search for the latest version?

I will have a look at each Tutorial 'XX scenario and will update them accordingly. Give me a few days time and I will also dump a link to all scenarios here at the forum and Steam as well. At the moment, I am updating my Kharkov '43 scenario in order to get it thoroughly tested by the guys from Punta de Lanza.

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (302.54 KiB) Viewed 473 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

The latest version, v1.2 of Tutorial '41 can be downloaded from here.

Feedback appreciated!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

The latest version, v1.2 of Tutorial '41 can be downloaded from here.

Feedback appreciated!

Klink, Oberst

Vielen Dank!

Will check it out asap and report back
Spudsie74

RE: Tutorial '41 - Including 1st Step Slides [TOAW 3.4] - Now for TOAW 4!

Post by Spudsie74 »

Bless you. [&o][&o][&o] I just downloaded the game, was totally blown away, and thought, "Oberst Klink probably has a tutorial on transitioning this". lookd it up, and Voila! Thanks again, this gets me going on firmer ground. On to Moscow! Merry Christmas (you probably remember me as Prussian Tom...when they did combined log-ins, it defaulted to my Slitherine sign in). [:)]
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

I feel honoured. Let's hope the AAR of Kharkov '43 by Punta de Lanza (Spanish Wargaming site) will do me justice, too.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Andreh

Post by Andreh »

Herr Klink,

thank you very much for your effort and tutorials, very entertaining and educative. I see the Colonel have migrated to other platform, I shall meet him again sometime in the future.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

I hope that this year I can manage to provide my input for three games I am currently, one way or another, involved with. If you're keen in playtesting Kharkov '43, drop me a line and I'll send you the Dropbox link.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

Are the slides for each tutorial available as a download? I don't think they are in the ZIP files unless I missed them. Or do I need to download each image individually? Really like to learn this game and I think I've made enough progress in some other games that with the slides and tutorials I can finally get there.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

I did not see the slides in any of the zips. They would look good in MS PowerPoint I would think.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Yeah, the dropbox only has the scenario and the folder for the scenario so no slides.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
jzedward

Post by jzedward »

thanks for the content; I have had TOAW4 for a long time but not tried and these are great
John
http://www.simpubs.com
@jzedward on twitter-youtube

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”