Season 1: 'Official' Tourney Pyramid

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

YohanTM2

RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread

Post by YohanTM2 »

Looks like no other takers so ping me when you're back. Enjoy!
HamburgerMeat

Post by HamburgerMeat »

I admit defeat against KZ! Well fought.
Rannug61

Post by Rannug61 »

KZ!

Rannug and Sugar has been in a game for a while now but it doesn't look like you have put it in the list of ongoing games.

It's may 42 and Sugar does his thing and I can't stop him... who can[&:] but I will survive into 43 and my goal is to be alive in 44 but don't know if that's possible. Russia is in good health but that will probable soon change. Iraq is soon Sugarland and Persia is next on the menu. UK is weak but did a landing in France, Sugar can kick them into the sea at will but hasn't done so yet.
"En svensk tiger"
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: Rannug61

KZ!

Rannug and Sugar has been in a game for a while now but it doesn't look like you have put it in the list of ongoing games.

It's may 42 and Sugar does his thing and I can't stop him... who can[&:] but I will survive into 43 and my goal is to be alive in 44 but don't know if that's possible. Russia is in good health but that will probable soon change. Iraq is soon Sugarland and Persia is next on the menu. UK is weak but did a landing in France, Sugar can kick them into the sea at will but hasn't done so yet.

Ok I've fixed it.

Looks like we are going to face again mr Rannug. A rematch 13 years in the making...
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

A rematch 13 years in the making...

A toast to all the SC-Veterans![:)] May they play until the earth stands still.
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: Sugar
A rematch 13 years in the making...

A toast to all the SC-Veterans![:)] May they play until the earth stands still.

Hear Hear!
Rannug61

Post by Rannug61 »

Reading that old AAR brought tears to my eyes
"En svensk tiger"
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Congratulations Sugar.

Did you play the Allies against an accomplished player in the tournament?

I think no, correct me if I'm wrong.

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: Rannug61

Reading that old AAR brought tears to my eyes

I still think you should have sealioned me after France! I mean, I didn't have any navy to interdict a landing with. [:D]
Rannug61

Post by Rannug61 »

I played more than 100 games of SC1 and remember very few of them but this one I never forget. Paris held out to the summer of 41! I still have a hard time to believe that it really happened. Parhaps a seelöve would have been the right thing to do but would it really have changed things in the end? Stalin would have had it even easier... Old men's Army[:D] I have to use that one again.
"En svensk tiger"
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Did you play the Allies against an accomplished player in the tournament?

I played IrishGuards in this tourney, don't know what you mean by "accomplished player". The toughest opponents so far were Gronivaure and Taifun. I played a mirror game against Gronivaure and won both sides. Hberg is also very good, afaik he won all his games on Allies' side until we met. In Breakthrough Isnogood (Ultim@gno) and steel32 (if i remember correctly) were the best, and also better than I was.

I don't think the Axis to have an advantage, I just prefer to avoid fleet management, the same reason I didn't like AoD.
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

I stand corrected

On second thought it looks like the game against IG lasted 5 days (4/11-4/16). His early resigning is certainly a win for you but in no way a confirmation of a viable Allied strategy against a skilled opponent.

MrLongleg

Post by MrLongleg »

Any of you guys around for a game?

*Room (2-1) - *#BPINisBack (1-2) - *#MrLongleg (1-1) - HamburgerMeat (1-0) - *pjg100 (1-0)

I am back from vacation now...
MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
Fafnir

Post by Fafnir »

Hi everybody,

looking for my first tournament game. Any side.
Greetings,
Fafnir.

- opponent found -
room

Post by room »

I'll be available from 5-6 september [;)]
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

ORIGINAL: Sugar

I don't think the Axis to have an advantage, I just prefer to avoid fleet management, the same reason I didn't like AoD.

I agree that the naval component is quite tedious as Allies. Some better mechanism to transport US troops to GB and group naval movements might help.

Rannug61

Post by Rannug61 »

Pvt Benjamin! Why did you give up on our game? I tried to send you a message and you blocked me...[&:] The game was still up in the air... if I did something to upset you pls let me know what it's about.
"En svensk tiger"
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

I specifically told you the map shifted incorrectly that is why I moved the entrenched corps from Tehran (to the next hex), you knew that. A gentleman would have allowed me to put the unit back, instead you took Tehran (it would have taken 1 maybe 2 turns). I could have dealt with that but the accompanying jackass comment was over the top.

Rannug61

Post by Rannug61 »

Well, you could have asked me to wait and what jackass comment are you referring to? Shit like this has happen to me too and I don't just give up because of it if it's not a game-breaker. If you have been insulted or cheated on I can understand if one blocks someone but this....[&:]
"En svensk tiger"
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

[:-]

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”