Fall Weiss II - Balance

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
crispy131313

Fall Weiss II - Balance

Post by crispy131313 »

I know there have been many matches played of Fall Weiss II at this point, how balanced does PBEM feel? I have only played ~10 matches myself so any input would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to move towards a final version soon.

Thanks!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

elxaime

RE: Fall Weiss II - Balance

Post by elxaime »

My impression is that it is fairly well balanced. I think what would help though is a sort of Players Guide to explain the various decision trees and their impacts. Diplomacy plays a pretty big role and it is hard to understand the pros and cons of some of the choices, particularly as regards Greece and Yugoslavia.
JVJ
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

The trouble with a guide is that there are pros and cons to everything. There is no magic bullet though some of the decisions are a no brainer. As an Englishman, I'm always tempted not to send the BEF, but I have resisted so fareg as it would not be a good move.

Some of the other diplo measures can be quantified eg how many MPPs the Nazis lose if the UK bribes the Greeks with 150MPPs. Others are much more opaque/nuanced as you say. However their usefulness can depend a lot on your and your opponent's strategies. You have to learn by practising - and by being practised on [X(]
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

I agree its fun finding things out yourself and there is no absolute right answer. I just think a little more information would help newcomers. Not to the level of exact numbers/number crunching. But more like "if you do X, then Y and Z may happen."
JVJ
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I do try to make the decision event text pretty informative, but there are of course some ancillary events that might come as a surprise. I had recently attempted to start a "Read Me" file but it's not anywhere near ready and it's not the funnest thing to do either [:)]
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Return to “After Action Reports”