Any AAR Screens Available with France Coastal Defenses ?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

DonCzirr

Any AAR Screens Available with France Coastal Defenses ?

Post by DonCzirr »

I'm trying to remain consistent with the basic flow of the war as an experiment.

France just fell and now I'm getting ready for Yugoslavia / Greece etc - but am having a hard time translating

what would be good cover for the French coast line as I turn East.

Has anyone skipped Sea Lion, set up a defense for France and then moved east?

I skimmed through the AARs and saw mostly Sea Lion attempts.

Would appreciate if anyone had images of a French coastal defense or recommendations on a good force composition there ...
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
HvS

RE: Any AAR Screens Available with France Coastal Defenses ?

Post by HvS »

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Some player have one unit in Paris... and that's it. Everything else you need you can operate back.
YohanTM

Post by YohanTM »

yes, very unfortunately this is the best strategy as it is so easy to use the units elsewhere and teleport (operate) them back when required
ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

Some player have one unit in Paris... and that's it. Everything else you need you can operate back.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll go somewhere between HvS and Korutzelva's ideas. [;)]

Yohan - are you thinking that Operational movement costs should be increased so the Axis can't shift forces around so easily ? Or should there be more restrictions but on range per turn?

Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Depending on the lvl of amphib., a defence is impossible along the coastal lines, especially against human opponents. If any, along the Loire a defence is more sustainable. Personally I don`t think a real defence is possible, it's just a matter of effort to overcome, and the troops are better used to attack or secure flanks.

The costs of operating are low indeed on kigher lvls o Log., but there are nevertheless many prerequisites to consider. At least the troops have to be available, hard to achieve if the Red Army is still powerfull.
DeriKuk

Post by DeriKuk »

The best coastal defence is Ports with Armies, combined with swarms of high level(5) U-boats. You can slaughter amphibs "by the boat load". Have a reaction force of tanks (with one Heavy) under a good commanders at the ready. Do not be passive in defence.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: DeriKuk

The best coastal defence is Ports with Armies, combined with swarms of high level(5) U-boats. You can slaughter amphibs "by the boat load". Have a reaction force of tanks (with one Heavy) under a good commanders at the ready. Do not be passive in defence.

Wow - this is really the polar opposite to the option Korutzelva presented.

Which is great - as I intend to test several different approaches. Thanks.

Right now I am somewhere in between - Corps in the ports / one Fighter near the channel beating up on his raids / AA coming in a couple of turns.

My U-boats are just now returning to the Atlantic after recent upgrades to L2. The Brits got a free ride for the last several turns but now it's back to the Convoy routes.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”