Using TOE

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

AstroBlues

Using TOE

Post by AstroBlues »

I am trying to use TOE in my game of GD1938v3. I have created a model of an Italian infantry division. Once I have the model completed, how do I get it on the game map. That is, how do I use the TOE model for the units on board?
Ormand

RE: Using TOE

Post by Ormand »

Pretty straight forward. I've attached a figure to help.

1. Upper part. Select the unit you want to set the TOE model to, then click the button to "CHANGE MODEL OF THIS UNIT" as shown with the arrow.

2. Lower part. This opens a dialog with a list of eligible TOE models. Select the one you want to assign, and click the "Change This Model" button as shown with the arrow.

This will assign the unit that model.The TOE system will then start to modify the unit to make it conform to the TOE. You can remove it with the button below. To set other units, you can leave this window open and move around the map, selecting a unit and clicking on the "Change this Model" button.

Attachments
TOE.jpg
TOE.jpg (228.25 KiB) Viewed 140 times
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
AstroBlues

Post by AstroBlues »

Thank you for answering my question. I have one more. When I create a TOE model, say for an infantry division, how do I save it. I mean, when I click to change model, will my TOE model be eligible to be picked.

Ron
AstroBlues

Post by AstroBlues »

I figured it out.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

If I were you I wouldn´t use TOE in GD1938. It will create a logistical nightmare and also prevent you from boosting reinforcements where needed.
AstroBlues

Post by AstroBlues »

Not using TOE for GD1938, is this from experience?

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

In the "First Game" Larry is using TOE, but he does not use it in every case, to avoid some of the issues Bombur might be referring to.

I suspect Larry would say he would not be without it.

I, on the other hand, do not choose to use it.

Chuck
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

ORIGINAL: AstroBlues

Not using TOE for GD1938, is this from experience?

Yes, unfortunately.....
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

TOE works fine as long as you don't make everything a TOE formation. Infantry can easily be TOE rifle smg machinegun mortar infantry gun AT gun Flak and mobilizer Then keep building them to replenish your forces, of course these means putting Cargo trucks in Headquarters as well.
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”