Ok, what's the deal with Fortified Regions?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Chris21wen

RE: Ok, what's the deal with Fortified Regions?

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Nix77

Currently there's a bug in the game that allows L2 forts everywhere on the map. After next patch the rules will be as listed in the manual:

Fort level 2 can be built only next to a fort unit, in coastal zones or up to 3 hexes from a supplied enemy unit.

Fort level 1 can be built only up to 20 hexes from a supplied enemy unit.

In swamp terrain the fort cannot be larger than 2.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the current rules. Why change?

Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

Currently there's a bug in the game that allows L2 forts everywhere on the map. After next patch the rules will be as listed in the manual:

Fort level 2 can be built only next to a fort unit, in coastal zones or up to 3 hexes from a supplied enemy unit.

Fort level 1 can be built only up to 20 hexes from a supplied enemy unit.

In swamp terrain the fort cannot be larger than 2.

I think to avoid it turning into a siege warfare game of static lines
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

I think to avoid it turning into a siege warfare game of static lines

Don't think I've ever had or seen that problem but there again I only play against the AI.
Praetori

Re: Fortress in swamp area with port

Post by Praetori »

Huw Jones wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 am Will a fortress in swamp area with a port, go up to level 4
To my knowledge there's 1 such hex and that's Guriev. And if you need to build forts there you're either "done" as the Axis or "finished" if you're the Soviets. :lol:

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”