Any good modern "quirky" strategy games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Ridcully70

Any good modern "quirky" strategy games?

Post by Ridcully70 »

I grew up in the late 80s and the 90s playing computer games, and back then games were often more experimental and people were less afraid to try new ideas. Bullfrog for example produced many fine games that were totally off the wall at the time.

So are there any games developed within the last 10 years or so that have some unusual, quirky aspect? I've got tons of historical wargames. And many fantasy/ sci fi games, but they usually stick to the cliches. But I need a change of pace![:)]
zakblood

RE: Any good modern "quirky" strategy games?

Post by zakblood »

yes, here's one of the better ones imo

tt.asp?forumid=1530

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Kuokkanen

RE: Any good modern "quirky" strategy games?

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Ridcully70

So are there any games developed within the last 10 years or so that have some unusual, quirky aspect? I've got tons of historical wargames. And many fantasy/ sci fi games, but they usually stick to the cliches. But I need a change of pace![:)]
Do you know about Disgaea series? Also available for computers (at least for Windows).
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”