Paul Allen Finds Warspite!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Unfortunately the message was garbled in transmission.

An expedition funded by Microsoft co-founder Paul G. Allen has found the wreckage of v(bxgbhg#f gdOfhzyy fh gj*hjh

Allen’s Research Vessel Petrel on Sunday discovered Warspite 54=6ng1~f8kjb dg}hgf fhj;jfgj the billionaire announced on his website. It’s the latest discovery in a range of pet projects—including plans to build an artificial brain and the world’s largest airplane—that the Microsoft magnate has undertaken through his philanthropy.

“To pay tribute to w0ewl dfdedt 67~gfh67+78)u” Allen wrote on his website. “As Americans, all of us owe a debt of gratitude to tvbv5 thhrtyh fthjyrjuyj Warspite.”

Photos of the discovery show 5"6hjtyyb dcvhu o> g!hg@f overgrown with &4l3g yjuu 66gIstuU56.

It’s not Allen’s first discovery. His team has unearthed U.S. Navy vessels, the Japanese WWII battleship Musashi, a steamboat from the 1800s and an ancient merchant ship off the coast of Corsica.

Allen—who owns the Seattle Seahawks football team and the Portland Trail Blazers basketball team—and the head of his subsea operations, Robert Kraft, had been planning to locate Lady Lex for about six months.

“Warspite was on our priority list because %6 hg$qjgh fsu7<6uj sjPyyy,” Kraft says on Allen’s website. “Based on geography, time of year and other factors, I work with Paul Allen to determine what missions to pursue.”

Allen, 65, has spent around $2 billion in philanthropy, including the expeditions, according to his website. He is one of over 100 billionaires around the world to take up the “Giving Pledge,” vowing to give away more than half his wealth—now estimated at $21.7 billion. His foundation did not immediately return requests for comment.

Besides his research vessel, Allen also has a submarine and one of the largest yachts in the world, “Octopus,” to pursue shipwreck searches and marine life conservation projects. The yacht, at 414 feet, has its own basketball court, a studio where Mick Jagger has recorded music and a glass-bottomed room “where you can watch the stingrays and jellyfish swim by,” he wrote in his 2011 memoir Idea Man.
VPaulus

RE: Paul Allen Finds Warspite!

Post by VPaulus »

[:D]
Ridcully70

Post by Ridcully70 »

actually I have no idea what's going on so I'll

Kennethnichols

Post by Kennethnichols »

[:D][:D][:D]
E

Post by E »

Kind of a sad thread now that Paul Allen is dead. An added shame too, in that he used his money for cool, public things like a Rock n Roll Museum and a Flying Vintage Aircraft Museum, the Seahawks (American Football Team), Portland Trail Blazers (American Basketball Team), etc, etc.

Paul Allen R.I.P.
January 21, 1953 - October 15, 2018

Attachments
220pxPaul_G._Allen.jpg
220pxPaul_G._Allen.jpg (16.96 KiB) Viewed 98 times
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: E

Kind of a sad thread now that Paul Allen is dead. An added shame too, in that he used his money for cool, public things like a Rock n Roll Museum and a Flying Vintage Aircraft Museum, the Seahawks (American Football Team), Portland Trail Blazers (American Basketball Team), etc, etc.

Paul Allen R.I.P.
January 21, 1953 - October 15, 2018

I hear he was in a lot of pain in the end also. [:(]

Return to “General Discussion”