Best Game about Victorian Era / Age of Imperialism ?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

TulliusDetritus

RE: Best Game about Victorian Era / Age of Imperialism ?

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Wow [X(]

I can't believe I had missed AGEOD Pon. I own and played to death almost every title but for some reason this one went unnoticed.

Bought it yesterday and as expected, a deep, intelligent simulation.

Don't ask me why, but for some reason I will love masquerading as a greedy imperialist pigdog [:D]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

LOL

I just bought:

Imperialism 1 and 2
Victoria 2 (was 4.99 on Steam)
and
PON

Guess that makes me an imperialist pigbear [:)]
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

I just bought PON I'm still edging my way into it. My biggest issue I have with the game is its font size, an issue that plagues AGEOD games right through their catalogue of games. If someone knows if the fonts can be enlarged I sure I would appreciate if they can tell how to fix it.
Formerly Goodwood

JWW

Post by JWW »

I think PON is a great game with one big problem. The biggest problem I had and the reason I stopped playing it was the big several minutes lag time between turns.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw

I just bought PON I'm still edging my way into it. My biggest issue I have with the game is its font size, an issue that plagues AGEOD games right through their catalogue of games. If someone knows if the fonts can be enlarged I sure I would appreciate if they can tell how to fix it.

I have not gotten deep enough to have any significant issues with time between turns but agree with the above.

I went fishing for options to enlarge the Font and then only found an option to make it even smaller ! [8|]

Anachro

Post by Anachro »

Victoria 1. Victoria 2 is a good sandbox game, but if you want a more historical Victorian era game with more historical outcomes, it's probably better to play Victoria 1.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Victoria 2 was recently on sale for 4.99 so I picked it up.

Thanks for the tip on the historical slant for Victoria I however - that sounds good to me.

Apparently with PON you can alter that within the same game system by just clicking a preference on Spheres of Influence etc and scoring ....

Now that I am getting "under the hood" of PON to learn how to play, I see what an amazing creation it is.

It's unfortunate that it has a tendency to crash and the fonts are so small - but still seems worth it.

Slitherine would do well to encourage a PON II - that increased stability and made the game more accessible without sacrificing the depth of the simulation.

Friendlier UI and an example early play-through for different nations (similar to what the Strategic Command offers in its manual) would result in more gamers sticking with the early learning phase in order to get to the great content that seems to be offered.

Return to “General Discussion”