Question about Ports

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

VigaBrand

Question about Ports

Post by VigaBrand »

How much damage must I inflict, that the port doesn't deliver supply?

Is it actual, that a port will be 100% damage after beeing captured?

Telemecus

RE: Question about Ports

Post by Telemecus »

tm.asp?m=4302288&mpage=1 for damage levels and supply

a port is usually 99% damaged the turn after being captured
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
GamesaurusRex

RE: Question about Ports

Post by GamesaurusRex »

I'm not sure about supply, but regarding shipping out troops I had an interesting couple of turns recently. I had three Russian divisions in Rostov that were surrounded... and due to air bombardment, Rostov port was below 50% damaged on one turn and the divisions could not evacuate by sea because of the damage. However, on the following turn (or two) Rostov had repaired (possibly aided by the airdrop of supplies) to 51% and I was able to evacuate a high morale division that would have otherwise died surrounded. I don't recall whether this was only one or two turns of repair as I think a "mud" turn may have occurred as well. I just recall the 50% damage level being important.
"Real Life" is a game... THIS is war !

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”