OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rustysi

RE: OT Thighs to ponder

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Classic! For all you guys that don't know what true retirement looks like!

Hey, that's me. How'd he get my picture?[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Classic! For all you guys that don't know what true retirement looks like!

Hey, that's me. How'd he get my picture?[:D]
What's not in the picture - 1 large cat directly under the bird feeder.
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

RELEASE THE RABBIT!

Attachments
85324937.jpg
85324937.jpg (137.87 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Will_L

Post by Will_L »

RELEASE THE RABBIT!

Run! Its a vorpal bunny!
was Will_L for a while.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Will_L

RELEASE THE RABBIT!

Run! Its a vorpal bunny!
Have Brother Maynard fetch the Holy Hand Grenade!
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Attachments
dae330.jpg
dae330.jpg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 62 times

joey

Post by joey »

Okay I give up. How does it fly?
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Attachments
3f2724b510..ayfunny.jpg
3f2724b510..ayfunny.jpg (61.63 KiB) Viewed 62 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: joey

I think Evel Kneival's ramp is still at the rim of Snake River canyon. Try that!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I think Evel Kneival's ramp is still at the rim of Snake River canyon. Try that!
But is it carrier capable?
Will_L

Post by Will_L »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Everything is carrier capable, at least once.
was Will_L for a while.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Will_L

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Everything is carrier capable, at least once.

Zackly. That's the new test sled for the Ford class.[:D]

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

OK, this thread is getting too quiet, and its fallen to page two. Time to change it up.

So, in my retirement I've been looking to get some new toys to play with, and to accompany me on my hoped for travels. One obvious thing is a car, and I've started going around to showrooms. I'd like to add that what I'm looking for is something not very practical, and within a certain price range.

First up, Alfa Romeo 4c. Well it originally fit my price range (just), but it appears that has changed. At any rate the car is totally impractical for my purposes. All you can 'carry' in the thing is about the size of an overnight bag. I need a bit more if I intend to roam the country. The front hood of the car is not even to be opened by the owner, only available to the dealer. I will congratulate our Italian friends though, you make some beautiful cars!!![&o] [&o][&o]

Well around these parts auto dealers tend to be clumped together, down the block Mazda.

The MX-5 RF, nice. Fits the budget nicely and is no slouch vehicle either. I mean 180+ HP in a 2400 lb car, should have a bit of giddy-up.

All I had time for the other day.

The search will however continue, and I have some other things to take care of before I take the final plunge.

BTW, if any of you have suggestions I would like to hear them (careful[:D]). All reasonable ones will be considered.[:)]

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

So, in my retirement I've been looking to get some new toys to play with, and to accompany me on my hoped for travels.

You see, I was going in a totally different direction. I was thinking you were soliciting input on small vibrating things that were travel toys you were interested in. And that led me to...

BTW, if any of you have suggestions I would like to hear them (careful[:D]). All reasonable ones will be considered.[:)]

Oh, never mind....[:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

For about 18 months, I owned a new Toyota MR2 Spyder (the 2001 model). They were all convertible. Loved that car. Lots of fun to drive. Great gearbox and handling. But it was incapable of carrying more than a loaf of bread in the pretend stowage area behind the passenger seat. And talk about a dog in the snow...[X(]

So I traded it in for a much more 'sensible' Toyota Echo. Boring as beige. But more practical. Sensibility is boring.
pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

Take a look at Toyota/Subaru 86. It has a bit more power (200hp) in a 2,000 lb car. And they handle like they are on rails. Great fun. And if you pack light, luggage will actually fit in the thing. The only drawback is that they like to share the road noise with their passengers. It's worth a look to see if it fits your needs.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Thank you guys. Especially you CB, I know restraint isn't exactly your thing.[:D]

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Thank you guys. Especially you CB, I know restraint isn't exactly your thing.[:D]
Since most of the US troops have been withdrawn from foreign lands, the US Army/Marine Corps must have some HumVees for sale, cheap. Try and get one with the MG on the roof as a fashion statement!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
joey

Post by joey »

OK, this thread is getting too quiet, and its fallen to page two. Time to change it up.

So, in my retirement I've been looking to get some new toys to play with, and to accompany me on my hoped for travels. One obvious thing is a car, and I've started going around to showrooms. I'd like to add that what I'm looking for is something not very practical, and within a certain price range.

First up, Alfa Romeo 4c. Well it originally fit my price range (just), but it appears that has changed. At any rate the car is totally impractical for my purposes. All you can 'carry' in the thing is about the size of an overnight bag. I need a bit more if I intend to roam the country. The front hood of the car is not even to be opened by the owner, only available to the dealer. I will congratulate our Italian friends though, you make some beautiful cars!!![&o] [&o][&o]

Well around these parts auto dealers tend to be clumped together, down the block Mazda.

The MX-5 RF, nice. Fits the budget nicely and is no slouch vehicle either. I mean 180+ HP in a 2400 lb car, should have a bit of giddy-up.

All I had time for the other day.

The search will however continue, and I have some other things to take care of before I take the final plunge.

I had an MX 5. I loved it. I just traded it in on something that would go in the snow. MX 5s do not do well in snow, as they have so much horsepower compared to weight.
But they do go like mad in the summer! It was fun to drive!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Try and get one with the MG on the roof as a fashion statement!

Fashion statement my bum. I want the thing functional so I can 'control traffic'.[:D]
MX 5s do not do well in snow, as they have so much horsepower compared to weight.

Drove my RX-7 through a snow storm to the 1980 Winter Olympics. Wasn't too bad. TBH I've no intention of using whatever toy I get in the snow. That's what my KIA is for.[:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”