[FIXED] sub detects missile launch while submerged

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TheOriginalOverlord

[FIXED] sub detects missile launch while submerged

Post by TheOriginalOverlord »

S320 type at -71 ft spots missile launch at 14 miles. sensor page shows periscope under water. Missile is also at ~ 100ft.

I "think" this autosave covers it from before the detection.

Attachments
Autosave.zip
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

TheOriginalOverlord

RE: sub detects missile launch while submerged

screen cap...

Attachments
cmano.jpg
cmano.jpg (1003.32 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

i224747

Post by i224747 »

Its a side-effect of this bug => tm.asp?m=4514173
TyphoonFr

Post by TyphoonFr »

When you set a depth manually, at a depth of about one pre-set depth (periscope -66ft,shallow -131ft,just over the layer -39ft), the submarine goes up and down about 5ft.
The depth of your submarine, manually set at -68ft varies from -75ft to -66ft, and reaches the periscope depth. It thus sees intermittently (it also recharges its batteries intermittently), every 5 sec if you look at the last detections contact report (2 sec ago,7 sec ago,12 sec ago ...).On the picture,the first detection was 28 sec ago.
If you adjust to the -66ft periscope depth using the depth presets, it retains its -66ft depth and it will see the missile regularly, every second.

You will notice that 6 seconds after the detection of the missile by the sub, this one is also detected and followed by the Orion Coastal Radar of the Radar (Coastal ACSR), updated every 6 seconds (3 sec ago, 9 sec ago, 15 sec ago ...).On the picture,the first detection was 22 sec ago.

The missile is also detected and tracked by the Radar (S-244 HF [Denmark]), updated every 5 seconds (1 sec ago,6 sec ago,11 sec ago ...) .On the picture,the first detection was 21 seconds ago.

All these sensors together, allow you to have a missile update every 2 seconds.

If the variation of the submarine is not normal and wanted by the Dev, it can be realistic and justified by the difficulty of maintaining a stable depth because of the imbalances due to the state of the sea or the movements of people ( Epidemic gastro anteritis) and equipment inside the sub.
Attachments
OCR.zip
(289.39 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Christophe

To all English teachers of the forum, sorry if English is not my mother language.
TheOriginalOverlord

So basically it's broaching and if it was 5-10ft lower it wouldn't have spotted anything.

I assume if its broaching then the mast is also detectable for the short time as well?
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Ref-fixed issue of oscillating sub depth for next release.

Return to “Tech Support”