Wish list for colors

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

AFV

Wish list for colors

Post by AFV »

I would like the ability to choose two colors for units (similar to the German Luftflotte air units, with the two colors displayed diagonally) except on the normal color square? Would anyone else have an interest in this, besides me? This would allow you to have all units on the same Army have one color (say, the bottom one), but units in each of the Corps to have a different color on the top diagonal. I guess it could get too busy- but the bottom color could be optional.
Maybe I am crazy, but thought I would throw it out there.
mrhuggles

RE: Wish list for colors

Post by mrhuggles »

Any more options for color customization would be nice.
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

You could choose different shades of a color for units operating under one Army, say the 16th Army for the Axis you can choose different shades of pink to distinguish the Corps but you will always know that they belong to the 16th Army since they are still pink.
AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

Hey, we're communists, we're all equal. You can have any color you want, as long as it's red. [:D]
AFV

Post by AFV »

Well, there are only so many shades of colors, and at a point, you pretty much run out of different shades.
Of course, if they are all red, that is at least fair- everyone gets red :)
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

Has anybody cataloged the existing RGB settings for the various armies? I want to change the Army Group colors from white, but that overwrites the subordinate armies also.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”