My ships aren't building Japanese player

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bif1961

My ships aren't building Japanese player

Post by Bif1961 »

I have never had this problem before in PBEM game. I am the Japanese player and have ships set for halt, normal and accelerated construction on my ship list. however, the only ships building are those that have been accelerated, no other ships, normal builds are building, they have all stopped. i don't understand what the issue might be as I have enough oil, supplies, resources and I think naval shipyards. I would appreciate any ideas as the manual is rather sparse when it comes to this problem.
Alfred

RE: My ships aren't building Japanese player

Post by Alfred »

The manual is not sparse, you just haven't understood what it says and consequently have chosen inappropriate actions.

You are basically wasting your limited Naval and Merchant Shipyard points.  Stop accelerating or expand your shipyards.

Alfred
Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

Since I have played as the Japanese for more than a dozen PBEM and have never encountered this issue before and have read the manual in the section for ship building that is less than half a page on 239, I was left a little wanting. I will try to do what you suggest and turn back on some of the Merchant shipyards, though I have stopped almost all my merchant building as I have more than enough of those vessels currently, so that might not be a help. All my naval shipyards are on, so I will have to expand them as well and play with stopping some accelerated vessels, I have 9 accelerated now. Thank you for your input.
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Most likely your accelerated ships are eating up all of the Naval Shipyard points thus there is nothing left for standard production. Your merchant shipyards will not help construct naval vessels except CVEs.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

If you don't know already, you need to learn the thresholds for accelerating building.

When a ship is 10 x (Durability) days from arriving, it begins "physically building" - prior to that it is merely queued. From this point forward, it costs 3 x (Durability) Shipyard points to accelerate (and just 1x to build). Prior to that point, it costs 0x to build normally and 1x to accelerate it.
Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

I didn't think there would be math on this test. Thanks for your responses I am putting them into practice.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Skyros

Most likely your accelerated ships are eating up all of the Naval Shipyard points thus there is nothing left for standard production. Your merchant shipyards will not help construct naval vessels except CVEs.

Yup. Check your naval shipyard points on your 'factory' page. I'm guessing they're at "0".
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I didn't think there would be math on this test.

[:-]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Kull

Post by Kull »

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

I didn't think there would be math on this test. Thanks for your responses I am putting them into practice.

Don't be misled by the game title - as MANY others have said, it's really "Logistics in the Pacific". And to be successful at logistics, you need........

[:D]
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Following up with what Loka said, don't forget that Naval and Merchant shipbuilding points first go to those with lowest ID numbers. That means your CV, CVL, BBs will get the points first. If you haven't installed Tracker, I would do so asap. This helps me manage my shipbuilding program when I play Japan.
[center]Image[/center]
Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

Thanks all for the sound advice and it seems things are being remedied by them. I guess I was overly ambitions with accelerating more than in previous PBEM games.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

So do ships that are accelerated build first in the queue, if say you have DD accelerated do they take the points before other warships can move forward normally?
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

So do ships that are accelerated build first in the queue, if say you have DD accelerated do they take the points before other warships can move forward normally?
I checked manual, and there is nothing about how it will stop building during shortage (although it suggests, that accelerated ships are constructed twice during resolution), however I vaguely recall someone mentioning, that it will try to stop least amount of ships if shortage occurs, so probably BBs first, and then CVs. I'm pretty sure, my Musashi was delayed, when I was short on Naval Points.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I haven't ever checked because I don't typically short my shipyards...

But I wouldn't be surprised if it allocated points first towards ships that were arriving soonest? Or perhaps maybe whatever was using the most points in the queue - e.g., Musashi uses 233 so if you're 1 point short of building everything in your queue, it will build Musashi and the lowly SC that uses 2 points (that is also last-arriving) will not get anything allocated to it that day (and your pool would go +1).

Return to “The War Room”