Proposed . . . TotH Scenario Design Contest

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

DoubleDeuce

TotH Scenario Design Contest DRAFT Guidelines

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Before I officially set and publish the guidelines to open the contest I wanted to post the DRAFT criteria I have come up with so far for feedback, comments and questions.

2018 Tiger’s on the Hunt (TotH)
Scenario Design Contest

The following information will be used as the criteria, guidelines and requirements for ALL scenario’s submitted for the contest.

GENERAL CRITERIA:
• One Nationality must be set to ‘German’.
• The scenario must take place in the European Theater of Operations (includes the Mediterranean Theater outside of North Africa).
• The scenario can take place anytime from September 1941 - May 1945 (time that the Sd.Kfz. 250/7 was in active service).
• Scenario cannot exceed 8 Turns.
• Historical availability requirements will be in force meaning if you design for 1941, you cannot include Tiger II’s, etc., in your scenario and so on.
• German OOB must include 2x Sd.Kfz. 250/7 (Schützenpanzerwagen (schwerer Granatwerfer)) vehicles or their equivalent (each can be substituted with a Sd.Kfz. 250/1 and dismounted 81mm mortar w/Crew).
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/n ... fz-250.php
• Finished scenarios will not require the use of custom Mod’s (they must be designed to be played using the base ‘Tiger’s on the Hunt’ game engine).
• The scenario should be designed specifically to be played from one side only (German, Russian, American or British). Do not worry about balancing ‘from both sides’. This is a solitaire game and I want to lessen the extra design work that balancing from both sides brings into the equation. Choose a “played only from ‘X’ side” when working up your design and go from there.

CONTEST TIMELINE:
• Design Window: There will be a 2 month design period for participants to design, playtest and submit their final scenario for judging (starting August 10, 2018). This may be shorter IF all finished designs have submitted for judging before the 2 month time frame ends.
• Judging Window: There will be a 1 month window for the judging of submissions after the design window has closed after which, a winner will be announced.

CONTESTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contestants are limited to 1 scenario submission for the contest.
• Contestants must submit some background information used to inspire or guide their design (i.e. basic designer notes).

JUDGING:
• Double Deuce (on the Matrix Games Forums) will be the judge for this contest (with ‘possible’ input from others who are not contestants).
• Primary Point of Contact is via PM on the Matrix Games Forums.
• Alternate/Email Point of Contact is doubledeuce@combat-campaigns.com.

SCENARIO RELEASE:
• Once the contest has ended, all submitted scenarios will be bundled together and put up for download.
• ALL scenarios will have their associated .txt briefing file modified to conform to a single, standard format/layout.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
• Other than the limitations and restrictions specifically outlined in this document, designers are free to set other parameters to create their design (hex visibility, victory conditions, and so on).

PRIZES:
• A prize (yet to be determined) will be awarded to the contest winner.
• This would NOT be a TotH or Matrix officially sponsored contest or prize, it would be something organized, judged and offered by me with the prize cost coming out of my own pocket.

THE MAP:

• A Custom 20x16 hex Map has been created and will be used for ALL design submissions. The base map terrain cannot be altered with the exception that you can add Trenches, Shell Holes, and/or make existing buildings ‘Fortified’.
• You may add text labels to the map as needed.
• You cannot add or remove existing Playable/Non-Playable hexes.
• A general screenshot of the required map will be found at the end of this document.

This post has been edited and now contains more accurate/updated information.
DoubleDeuce

RE: TotH Scenario Design Contest DRAFT Guidelines

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Added the part about a 'prize' to the criteria above. [:D]
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Where do I sign to enlist? [;)]
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I'll probably post a start date in a few days once I have fully edited my official guidelines. Wanting to make sure everything I can think of is covered and out to paper so everyone is on the same page.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Once it goes 'live' I will start another thread.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Good structured guidelines that keeps the design within a good frame with lots of opportunities. This is a great possobility for old an new designers. [:)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I have update the 'Guidelines' in Post #: 21 of this thread. Barring any changes, this is likely the final version and I will post the 'Design Contest packet' (which will include the Map as a .scn file) sometime later today.
fuselex

Post by fuselex »

I wish you the best with this DD ,
It is a very nice idea [:)][:)]
UP844

Post by UP844 »

@ Fuselex: you mean you won't join the context? This is a strictly voluntary suicide mission, report for duty!!!
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
rico21

Post by rico21 »

ORIGINAL: fuselex

I wish you the best with this DD ,
It is a very nice idea [:)][:)]
+1

I will do a meticulous AAR about UP scenario with a great pleasure![:D]
fuselex

Post by fuselex »

I may not design something , but I`m really looking forward to playing all of the scenarios [:D][:D]
I love how this really showcases the editor ,
Bit confused as to my excitement level .
Doing Rico`s Stalingrad series was outstanding , now there could be a scenario that is open to everyone`s interpretation .
I don`t know if I should kiss the dog , reprimand it , cuddle it , or piddle on it :)
but either way that dog is certainly going to get my attention for a while , whether it likes it or not .

fuselex

Post by fuselex »

haha

+1

I will do a meticulous AAR about UP scenario with a great pleasure!

trying to wipe away the tears of laughter there Rico :)
That is a detailed AAR I would love to see

And only for the respect that you both hold and deserve ,

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”