Sov +1 ?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

AlexSF

Sov +1 ?

Post by AlexSF »

In the game creation option screen you can set up Sov +1, what does it do exactly, not clear.
Does it give +1 to any combat result after mofifications? Like a 2/1 result would become a 3/1 result?
"My centre is yielding. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Maréchal Foch, 1914.
MarauderPL

RE: Sov +1 ?

Post by MarauderPL »

Basically yes, most notably it allows the soviets to require only 1:1 CV ratio to win combat engagements (instead of normal 2:1 ratio). The bonus lasts from june 1941 to the end of february 1942.
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

The drawback is increased looses for soviet when the bonus is needed to win.
Brakes are for cowards !!
AlexSF

Post by AlexSF »

Oh I thought the Soviet had that 1:1 win built in until March 42 without having to choose the +1 bonus in the game set-up...
"My centre is yielding. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Maréchal Foch, 1914.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: AlexisSF

Oh I thought the Soviet had that 1:1 win built in until March 42 without having to choose the +1 bonus in the game set-up...

I would describe it the other way - it use to be standard (earlier versions) and now it is an option to turn it off.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I would describe it the other way - it use to be standard (earlier versions) and now it is an option to turn it off.

It is off now as a standard. You mean the option to turn it on ;-)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
HardLuckYetAgain

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

It is off now as a standard. You mean the option to turn it on ;-)

+1 Soviet shifts the Combat results one level. A 1:1 becomes 2:1. 2:1 becomes a 3:1
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
HardLuckYetAgain

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

The drawback is increased looses for soviet when the bonus is needed to win.

Not like you are going to miss them. Soviets already take a crap load of loses

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”