Cannot Place Canada Reinforcement

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
elxaime

Cannot Place Canada Reinforcement

Post by elxaime »

September 1941 turn in a PBEM of FWII 18.0 mod as Allies, I am getting a message I cannot place a Canadian armor reinforcement in Halifax although the hex is empty. Supply level there is 7. Not sure what is going on.

JVJ
crispy131313

RE: Cannot Place Canada Reinforcement

Post by crispy131313 »

Is Halifax now UK territory and not Canadian?
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Had this happen to me too.
It can be placed in Ottawa.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

What's the reason behind that?
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Probably a unintended programing technicality of land/hex ownership.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

Checking this turn, it seems all of what was Canada is UK except for Yarmouth and Ottawa. I forgot to move the air unit from Ottawa, so I could check to see if the Canadian armor could go there instead of Halifax. I will try that next turn.

Not sure if this is related or not, but I am wondering if it is normal for reinforcements to stack up like they are for the Soviets?

It is September 23, 1941, and the USSR hasn't received purchased reinforcements for two turns. I checked the production queue and it looks like this:

Many Soviet units were supposed to arrive in August/early September, including the air unit and the mountain unit in Grozny that always seems to arrive on schedule. But none have shown up. Which means basically the USSR is now almost empty of troops behind the remnant of the front line.
JVJ
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

Yup. October 15, 1941 and still no USSR reinforcements. No sure what the issue is, they are stacked up but not arriving. Best to resign, which is too bad since it was otherwise an interesting game. But between the Canada armor never arriving and this, not much to fight back with.
JVJ
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Report it as a bug and include the game id# and don't resign until they get a chance to look at it.
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

Ack, too late. I will remember not to resign next time.
JVJ

Return to “Tech Support”