Grand Tactician American Civil War

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Ironclad

Grand Tactician American Civil War

Post by Ironclad »

This is a welcome new game that is looking really good and hopefully won't require the dexterity needed to play other real time equivalents and so will appeal to a wide range of gamers including those of us who normally prefer turn based.

Here's a pre-alpha gameplay demonstration set in 1st Bull Run.

https://youtu.be/FeT-TYziqn8
zakblood

RE: Grand Tactician American Civil War

Post by zakblood »

shame it's a pause able rts instead of a pure turn based affair, does look nice, but RTS not for me i'm sorry to say

but thanks for sharing all the same
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Same here Zak, I have so many games like Steel Division, Red Dragon and others and the games look great but I wish they were like Ostfront. I love the visuals from the Eugen games but I really can't enjoy them or even use them because I am trying to go to fast with replacing units.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

must admit i've tried a few, and still even with a pause and then resume, it still feels like a click fest and not a game i can do or enjoy, but as they sell by the bucket loads i also understand why they keep being made, one day i'm sure we will get another turn based one, worthy of the crown, but until then, i'd prefer to play others which are already about and are turn based and keep wishing for more of the same in newer and better engines, as i've kept a eye or 2 on a few games now, but both are RTS and the other is online only, again the 2 things which have little meaning to my game style, but after Brother against Brother, The Drawing of the Sword i got hooked in the civil war period and now want some more[;)]
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

I have been following this development for a long time. This is from the same dev who brought us The Seven Years War.

Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865)

I am looking forward to this.

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

www.DogsofWarVu.com[/center]
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

I for one think same... Looking forward to it too! Everything in it so far, is right up my alley. Just hope no issues with the AI and it will be a great game.

--
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I'll have to check and see if he will continue supporting Seven Years War, then I would consider the new game. SYW was pretty ambitious, but I might need to give it one more shot.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

another one for you all, you may already know it, but i've been following it's development now for a while, while again it's not cup of tea either, i do like what they are doing with it, just not a online multi player only type

Code: Select all

https://store.steampowered.com/app/424030

War of Rights

it's in EA atm, so if you wish to play it now in it's beta stages you need to buy it to support them,...

in game shots are really good

FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

If you watch some of the Grand Tactician gameplay vids, you'll see the pace is pretty sedate. Not a clickfest like Steel Division at all. Personally, I think pausable real time is the preferable format. Turn based is an artificial holdover from the board game era, and distorts time and space.

Post by zakblood »

Turn based is an artificial holdover from the board game era, and distorts time and space.

not something i agree with tbh, but yes do agree with the first part
pace is pretty sedate

so something i have added to my wish list, but maybe not something i'd buy, will wait and see what other players think of it first, and read a few reviews and see what issue pops up, then and only then see if a demo is out and try for myself or wait until someone i know gets it etc, then play it first, and really make my own mind up before i add it to my game lists, which atm has 40 to 50 unplayed games which are loaded and not played as yet, so it will have to be something special and different to make it tbh
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I have a large wishlist but not pulling the plug on games. I have too many AT the present time. Pz2
nicwb

Post by nicwb »

New gameplay video for Grand Tactician is up - Battle of Perryville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZItdgeX5tU
berto

Post by berto »

Perryville? A good sign that this game will not focus on the marquee ACW battles only. There is much to like here. Best of luck to the dev(s).
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
nicwb

Post by nicwb »

Perryville? A good sign that this game will not focus on the marquee ACW battles only. There is much to like here. Best of luck to the dev(s).

+1 its a two part video. Only alpha so the graphics are a bit lumpy but lots of promise in the gameplay.

Return to “General Discussion”