Leaders

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

Leaders

Post by geofflambert »

Leader bonus/demerit

What's up with this? I'm finally cleaning out Mindinao only now, because there's nothing there that I want. Thought I'd just let his stuff starve to death and then sweep up the ashes. Anyways, I got a negative adjustment because of my leader.

Attachments
leaderq.jpg
leaderq.jpg (145.25 KiB) Viewed 39 times

geofflambert

RE: Leaders

Post by geofflambert »

Here's the unit and the leader. I can't see anything wrong with him. Anyways, two of the units retreated and two were left behind.

Attachments
leaderbonus3.jpg
leaderbonus3.jpg (64.05 KiB) Viewed 39 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

So in my second attack I get a leader + and a leader -. How can one leader get both?

Attachments
leadertwo.jpg
leadertwo.jpg (109.95 KiB) Viewed 39 times

dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

If I recall, there are two leadership checks during ground combat (maybe one for the bombardment phase and one for the actual assault?). It is possible to pass the die roll for one check and fail the other one.

Someone smarter could fill in the blanks here.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

The malus or bonus simply means there is at least one unit there benefiting or being penalized.

For example I have seen the supply malus for a big stack of troops to show -, but only the AA was low on ammo from endless bombing. Sometimes it is quite beneficial.[;)]

I believe leader checks are made against your enemy's leadership, and this being a GG game luck always plays a part in the dice roll.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Do you have any Corps(Army in IJA) HQ in range?
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I doubt it. I'm really bad with how I handle HQs. Mostly I forget about them and leave them in the home islands. Actually, I've done much better than I ever have before, this time. But mostly that amounts to me making sure I have an Air HQ with sufficient command radius and an inventory of torpedoes, where appropriate. If there ever is a next time, I'll endeavor to do better.

inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Yeah, I think leader bonus concerns higher HQs, not LCU itself. (-) probably means, than AV wasn't increased, because of presence of HQ in range (and it can add 50% with good rolls, and planning).
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: inqistor
Yeah, I think leader bonus concerns higher HQs, not LCU itself. (-) probably means, than AV wasn't increased, because of presence of HQ in range (and it can add 50% with good rolls, and planning).
When I ran my tests for adjusted AV dependence on the presence of HQs here, leaders(+-) modifier occurences dropped to zero for LCUs with HQ in the hex compared to LCUs w/o HQ. So it is the other way around - HQ take the leader role
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
So in my second attack I get a leader + and a leader -. How can one leader get both?
There are several checks. Simultaneous +- happens a lot actually, with tests I got that 25% of the time with a single LCU fighting. As long as there are no HQs in range ofc
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

On the attack where you had a + and a "-"...One of your leaders passed a check and the leader commanding the HQ the unit was attached to failed (or vice-versa).
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”