ScenEdit_SetEMCON troubles [user error]

All discussions & material related to Command's Lua interface

Moderators: angster, RoryAndersonCDT, michaelm75au, MOD_Command

Whicker

ScenEdit_SetEMCON troubles [user error]

Post by Whicker »

I am trying to turn off a Radar using lua - doesn't matter if it is a facility or an AC I am getting the same thing either way. Using the below command changes the value on the EMCON screen, but not on the sensor screen... if I do it manually I have to choose yes or no, but they both change the value on the sensor screen which does what I want.

I can't get the radar to actually turn off - it is just changing the EMCON value which isn't carrying thru to the sensor for some reason.

ScenEdit_SetEMCON('Unit', 'A-50U Mainstay North', 'Radar=Passive')

Attachments
cmanoemcon.gif
cmanoemcon.gif (16.25 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Whicker

RE: ScenEdit_SetEMCON troubles

Post by Whicker »

I think it takes a few game seconds to change, I was trying to do this in editor mode and couldn't advance time so nothing was changing. I made a test scen and did it a few times and it looks like it works properly other than sometimes it doesn't take effect immediately.
stilesw

Post by stilesw »

Whicker,

That has been my experience. There is a brief time delay before the changes in EMCON (radar, OECM or sonar) changes. But the Lua sample you provided should work ok.

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

I'm trying this out, but ran it for 45 seconds and no radar

ScenEdit_SetEMCON('Unit', 'Radar A', 'Radar=Active')

Not convinced its working. Also tried with GUID but kept getting errors so went back to the name.

Any thoughts?

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

hmmm.. I just went and checked it and at first it didn't work, then I tried it with Side instead of Unit and it did work, then went back to Unit and that worked. At some point I went to Side Doctrine and fiddled with that. I also fiddled with the checkbox on the right side of the normal view where it says Inherit from parent.

Not sure what I did to make it work but now it works as expected and I can turn it on or off.

I just pasted your code and named a radar appropriately and it worked so your code is good.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Having trouble in CMO. Can anyone get the radars of a side or unit to turn on/off? If I recall the side and unit EMCON need to be set in a specific way. If you can get the function to work, please post your settings. Here is my single line of lau; it does not throw an error in the console:
ScenEdit_SetEMCON('Unit', 'SAM Plt (SA-22 Greyhound [Pantsir-S1E])', 'OECM=Passive')

Thanks ... Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

local a = ScenEdit_SetEMCON('Unit', 'AAA Sec (35mm Twin Gepard x 2)', 'OECM=Passive')
print(a)

Worked okay. I could swap Active/Passive
[It was not set to 'inherit']
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Thanks. will try now. Just to confirm, by "it" you mean the unit AAA Sec (35mm Twin Gepard x 2) and its inherit setting?
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Well for the life of me I can get the Pastsir (red side) to turn off but not cycle back on. Tried all the side and unit settings. Here is a save. If you can take a look. It must be simple. I have cycled before, so I am just dense about this now.

Kevin

PS: Got it working. No worries. Will quickly record the settings and put them in a vault. [&o]
Attachments
RadarTest.zip
(123.77 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Alfred Thayer Mahan

Return to “Lua Legion”