Beender vs Chaos45-Soviets concede T17.

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

chaos45

Beender vs Chaos45-Soviets concede T17.

Post by chaos45 »

As an AAR- do not play with random weather you will usually get snow not mud around moscow.

Also IMO the +1 for soviets is required for a good game under current patch mod .11+ as the soviets have take to many nerfs and the german supply is just amazing.

Setup if I remember right is- Random weather, no soviet bonus, and Full winter.

We are on T6 as of right now and its the first turn I have taken screen shots.

OOB as of T6

Attachments
OOBT6.jpg
OOBT6.jpg (356.58 KiB) Viewed 503 times
chaos45

RE: Beender vs Chaos45- Quality of Quantity AAR

Post by chaos45 »

Losses up to end of Soviet T6

Map pictures will follow as we advance turns but right now I only have pics of turn I just played.
Attachments
LossesT6.jpg
LossesT6.jpg (370.74 KiB) Viewed 502 times
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Will follow with great interest, AAR as detailed as possible please!
Which opening did he play and how many aircraft kills T1?
Which version did you start under? Going after the OOB I guess 1.11.03?
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

started on newest patch, and I don't remember his aircraft kills he might be able to chime in it was a lot. His opening was super good IMO better than what I faced from Pelton years ago. Beender is so far proving quite the panzer pusher. Which is why I asked him if he was okay with me starting the AAR.

His opening basically locked down everything West of Minsk, almost all the northern forces, and by T2 or T3 in total almost all the southern forces including those trying to retreat towards Odessa- so basically about the most devastating German opening you can make. T4 he managed to get a motorized division across the Dnepr on the south side north of the crimea.

From T6 on the game is about to get pretty interesting, turns are taking me quite some time to do on the soviet side.
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Looking forward to this!

Good luck comrade
beender

Post by beender »

Thank you chaos, for doing the AAR. This definitely adds more fun to our game, which is already quite intense and interesting.

So far, Soviet has succeeded in avoiding any major encirclement, not counting the T1 opening. In T7 which I just finished, a middle-size pocket is achieved after a series of close battles and the increasing anxiety in OKH, is alleviated to some extent.

I do have some pics from previous turns but don't know which one to post. Anyway, here is the T1 airraid result. @EwaldvonKleist

Attachments
T1airraid.jpg
T1airraid.jpg (178.01 KiB) Viewed 502 times
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Top numbers!
I do have some pics from previous turns but don't know which one to post.

All [;)]
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

T7 total air losses

Attachments
T7air.jpg
T7air.jpg (319.71 KiB) Viewed 502 times
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

T7- total losses

Attachments
T7losses.jpg
T7losses.jpg (372.55 KiB) Viewed 502 times
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

T7- OOB

Another Turn or two and I can prolly start posting some pictures since im on the defensive is best not to show where all my units until the game is several turns ahead. Beender pulled off a bigger encirclement than I thought possible in Vladai hills this turn but I did manage to open it so that will be a pain for him for another week yet. I will say this is a super difficult game as soviets with no +1 against a german player really knows the logistics system he is advancing extremely fast despite my best efforts.

As to factories so far I havent lost anything critical up to T7 mainly just Heavy industry and some of the armaments plants you just cant save in the early game. The next 2 turns could prove critical on if I lose more industry or not as he is already extremely close to stalino area on T7---and who said german logistics were nerfed......

Attachments
T7.jpg
T7.jpg (350.87 KiB) Viewed 510 times
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

if and when I post my turn 1 air kills versus HYLA I will feel quite ashamed.

This is more than double my results. quite impressive.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: beender

Thank you chaos, for doing the AAR. This definitely adds more fun to our game, which is already quite intense and interesting.

So far, Soviet has succeeded in avoiding any major encirclement, not counting the T1 opening. In T7 which I just finished, a middle-size pocket is achieved after a series of close battles and the increasing anxiety in OKH, is alleviated to some extent.

I do have some pics from previous turns but don't know which one to post. Anyway, here is the T1 airraid result. @EwaldvonKleist

Pretty nice numbers. I knew over 6k was possible. Now can you keep up the momentum after turn 1 since the Soviet can pretty much recover from these loses pretty quickly. Good job
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
HardLuckYetAgain

ORIGINAL: chaos45

T7 total air losses

8K at turn 7 is not that bad at all for the Soviets imho. I have had 11k @ turn 7 and was doing just fine with the Soviet airforce. Beender needs to step up his game on the Airplay after turn 1 imo ;-P. Sounds like a good game and looking forward to more photos
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
HardLuckYetAgain

T7- total losses

You seem to be doing just fine so far baring how many units you have in the Valdi hills pocket that was broken. But you have to expect things like this up North since that supply line there is "extremely close" to the front at turn 7 if he did it correctly. It is the Center and South that supply is stretched and you get nice breathers as a Soviet
HardLuckYetAgain

ORIGINAL: BrianG

if and when I post my turn 1 air kills versus HYLA I will feel quite ashamed.

This is more than double my results. quite impressive.

Yes, they are but you have to play all the turns and get numbers. IMO anything over 3k is good to go.
beender

Post by beender »

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

T7 total air losses

8K at turn 7 is not that bad at all for the Soviets imho. I have had 11k @ turn 7 and was doing just fine with the Soviet airforce. Beender needs to step up his game on the Airplay after turn 1 imo ;-P. Sounds like a good game and looking forward to more photos

Yeah i did no "stepping up" whatsoever. The only AF bombing by Axis was on T1. Since then i have turned totally passive and all the other soviet air losses were due to active ground bombing activity on the soviet part and air combat during ground support.
beender

Post by beender »

I checked again and discovered there were not so many interesting screenshots after all, probably for the very reason that I failed to catch much of the soviet troops. Didn't take many pics for the "gallant parade by German panzers"[:D]

I do have OOBs and losses for each turn but they are now just outdated numbers.

Attached is battle of Odessa, which Soviet basically gave up but I still valued it a lot.

From T7 the whole front becomes quite agitated, and hopefully I'll be able to give a better and more detailed account of the situation.

Attachments
T3.jpg
T3.jpg (527.97 KiB) Viewed 510 times
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

T7 total air losses

Yeah i did no "stepping up" whatsoever. The only AF bombing by Axis was on T1. Since then i have turned totally passive and all the other soviet air losses were due to active ground bombing activity on the soviet part and air combat during ground support.

I can understand being passive up to about turn 5. But why passive after that?
HardLuckYetAgain

ORIGINAL: beender

I checked again and discovered there were not so many interesting screenshots after all, probably for the very reason that I failed to catch much of the soviet troops. Didn't take many pics for the "gallant parade by German panzers"[:D]

I do have OOBs and losses for each turn but they are now just outdated numbers.

Attached is battle of Odessa, which Soviet basically gave up but I still valued it a lot.

From T7 the whole front becomes quite agitated, and hopefully I'll be able to give a better and more detailed account of the situation.

After devastating the Russians early in the game you basically give the Soviets no consideration of defending the place since you need all the units you can get your hands on on other front areas. Once Turn 10 hits the Soviets grows by leaps and bounds and you need to be able to keep up the munchies of the Germans. If you don't you will fall behind & Chaos45 is good at delaying tactics. So now I want to see that pocket at Valdi Hills to see your munchy tactics ;-P

Return to “After Action Reports”