Pre-made Map Scenarios

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

TommyWL

Pre-made Map Scenarios

Post by TommyWL »

Hi all, long time fan of the forum, first time poster.

I have always loved playing the preset scenario of the ancient galaxy, but have never been able to find any other scenarios that fans have made themselves! (Particularly with vanilla or the most popular mods - retreat, extended, etc)

Does anyone know of or have any pre-made maps/scenarios/play-throughs?

These could be in the form of a previous save where you have found yourself in a difficult situation, or perhaps a map you have made with a particular home system and star layout.

Hopefully DW2 will have more than one scenario to play through!
Hattori Hanzo

RE: Pre-made Map Scenarios

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

the "Star Trek-The Picard Era" mod should have a "Milky Way Galaxy" Pre-made Scenario Map.

you can download it from here:

tm.asp?m=3794736

RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: TommyWL
Does anyone know of or have any pre-made maps/scenarios/play-throughs?

I made two: "Bacon Mining Company" and "Pirates of Jupiter". You can find them in the modding page.
Hopefully DW2 will have more than one scenario to play through!

Yes, I hope so too.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
TommyWL

Post by TommyWL »

Glad to hear there are some maps out there, thanks Hattori and RogerBacon :)
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

you're welcome, Tommy-WL.. [:)]
SirHoraceHarkness

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

You can also use saved games to use a map over if you liked it in the universe creation screen.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

You can also use saved games to use a map over if you liked it in the universe creation screen.
this is very interesting, thanks for the useful advice Sir Horace [&o]
SirHoraceHarkness

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

this is very interesting, thanks for the useful advice Sir Horace [&o]

It's also an easy way to make a custom map to reuse. Start a custom game with the settings you want then go into the editor and redo the map as you see fit. Then rename the empire into the map name you want to display in the save game list and save the game. Now you can start a custom game and use that map every time. I think some things are still randomly placed like your starting system and the other races too but everything else will be the same.

edit; Forgot to mention that making a custom map this way ties it to any mods in use at the time so make sure to label that too in the savegame file.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”