Align minor country

Please post only issues involving NetPlay here. All other issues should go in the main Tech Support sub-forum.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Sabre21

Align minor country

Post by Sabre21 »

Well good news and bad. The saved games Steve fixed got Bill and myself past the two game stoppers I had reported on back in Feb and April.

We are both updated to the 2.8.9.4 game patch and have been playing the Global war campaign on Netplay with him as the Allies and myself as the Axis.

We are currently now on the May/June turn of 1940. He won the initiative again (I think he has won it every time now after turn 1). So we are on the Axis impulse 2 when we ran into another problem.

I got through the declaration of war phases (didn't do any) and then the computer stopped on the Align minor phase. I didn't have any flag nor green button highlighted up on the panel that tells you what phase you are in, but on the Allied computer had a Japanese flag highlighted.

I have no idea if there is a work around for this, but with no green button I can't advance past this phase. I already had The 4 German minor countries already aligned (Rum, Hun, Bul, and Fin) as was as Siam for the Japs (on turn 1 for Siam).

I can't think of any country that I could possibly align at this stage, Vichy was declared on turn 3, so that wouldn't be it.

I attached the 2 game saves at the Axis Declaration of War phase. Just continue on past that without declaring any wars and see if the game stops at the Align Minor phase. We tried it a few times and it occurred each time.

Allied game is on this post.
Attachments
NPDecla..eUSSR.zip
(1.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Sabre21

RE: Align minor country

Post by Sabre21 »

Here is the Axis game.

Attachments
NP - Decla..ers - It.zip
(1.56 MiB) Not downloaded yet
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You can't just click OK on the align form without having any country highlighted? That's the normal way to end that step.
Paul
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

You can't just click OK on the align form without having any country highlighted? That's the normal way to end that step.

I don't understand what you are saying here. I tried clicking on one of the Axis flags at the top and nothing happened. There was no country displayed on the align form for me to click on either.

Besides, why would it ask me to align a country when there was no country available to align. It probably should have skipped past that step in the game sequence.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I think he means that the align minors form isn't visible on the screen, but on the Command Form the game is in that phase and simply freezes. Or am I mistaken here?

And if Vichy is created, there could be the possibility for Japan to align Indo China (if that went Vichy, of course)...
Peter
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

I think he means that the align minors form isn't visible on the screen, but on the Command Form the game is in that phase and simply freezes. Or am I mistaken here?

And if Vichy is created, there could be the possibility for Japan to align Indo China (if that went Vichy, of course)...

That's what happened, there was no align minor screen, and I looked under all the various screens to see if it was hiding and it was not.

Also, Indochina had already been annexed a couple turns earlier but Madagascar had not been although I'm not sure if the conditions had been met for that one.

Return to “NetPlay Tech Support”