Display or Command Range error

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Taxman66

Display or Command Range error

Post by Taxman66 »

I have an HQ in Glasgow and the double clicked range display shows that Inverness is within the HQ's range.

The previous turn I moved a fighter (attached to the HQ in Glasgow) to Inverness (to avoid a possible paradrop raid).

The current turn the fighter is no longer attached by the HQ (in Auto-Assist mode) and can not be reattached;
and yes I unattached a different unit first to clear up a 'space'.
The HQ command range display still shows Inverness to be within range.

So I conclude either the display is incorrect or something to do with the range of attachments is incorrect.

Attachments
bugreport.jpg
bugreport.jpg (396.66 KiB) Viewed 139 times
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Christolos

RE: Display or Command Range error

Post by Christolos »

What are the action points for the fighter unit you moved to Inverness?

It may not have enough to be attached to the HQ in question...

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Whatever the standard amount is. It is drawing full supply there (note the value 10 port).
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Are the action points at full value, e.g., 5/5 or something like 4/5?

The reason I ask is that I have noticed from time to time that some of my units at supply level 5, seem to have only 4/5 actions points (and it may be that the prior turn they had supply 4 or lower and so may not have been able to recover all their action points right away. All this to say that units with 4/5, or less, action points at the start of a turn are limited in what they can do.

I presume the HQ in question is at full action points, right? If not, that could also be the reason...

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

The HQ is in Glasgow at full supply and didn't move in either turn.

The fighter was previously in Dundee, at full supply and attached to the HQ.
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Ok, so I have no idea as to what it could be then.

Definitely then a question for the developers.

C

-Aristotle-
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Taxman66,

This looks to be a bug on my end in the display HQ attachment range feature whereby the attachment range is not taking into account terrain penalties, while the actual HQ attachment range is limited by terrain penalties.

I'll fix this for the next update.

Hubert

Return to “Tech Support”