New from HPS

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Yogi the Great

New from HPS

Post by Yogi the Great »

Well not for me but if you want to fight an enemy that's already Dead go for it.

'Who the hell knew they were signing up for this?!'
Special Agent Mark 'Skippy' Slater, Field Commander CIA Special Ops Unit 'Romeo', Task Force 23

Just because the enemy might be dead, thanks to a secret advanced US Bio-War project called 'Omega', it doesn't mean that he can't still fight.

Sound like a movie? Well... eventually it will be. But for now, in the fall of 1968, it's the real world of Ft. Marlene. Welcome to that world. Welcome to the world of science gone bad. Welcome to the world of gripping un-dead combat up from the grave....
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
giffin

RE: New from HPS

Post by giffin »

I bought Digital Game Works Combat Action Vietnam and liked that so this could be good. Anybody bought it yet or have seen a quick review?
wodin

Post by wodin »

Good fun.

Love him to add some detail and dept to engine and do say a Stalingrad campaign game.
giffin

Post by giffin »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Good fun.

Love him to add some detail and dept to engine and do say a Stalingrad campaign game.

Wodin did you get to play this game yet?
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Well at least they're pricing it appropriately. But is Digital Game Works the only horse in HPS's stable now? Theyre looking rather threadbare.
wodin

Post by wodin »

At the moment yes it is. All Scott time goes on TSS.

Yes had a quick go of Zombie game. Good fun. I'm trying to talk Jeff into expanding the engine and do a Stalingrad game😀
giffin

Post by giffin »

ORIGINAL: wodin

At the moment yes it is. All Scott time goes on TSS.

Yes had a quick go of Zombie game. Good fun. I'm trying to talk Jeff into expanding the engine and do a Stalingrad game😀

Good to know its a fun game to play. thanks
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

After Vietnam, this looks plain silly. His high point was Vengeance and low point Patriot Battles.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

I think it´s just more of the same (Combat Action Vietnam) with tad bit added and maybe a face-lift. Can´t say more because I don´t have it, but from the looks of it, I get that impression.

I would have preferd he expanded/added to Combat Action Vietnam. The desing is good, all he had to do is make it better...

Way to many games out there to be making more of the same (specially your own). A new game comes out every half-hour I would say, so it´s a tough market!

With regards to Zombies, well the theme is getting burnt, but hey some think the apocalypse is near! Same concept but better and with some reference to "Jagged Alliance"and RPG elements to it...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/890570/Almost_Alive/

As for price wise (see above aswell). Well I have been playing and buying games at a very resonable price lately. There not triple A games, but good games don´t need to be triple A either to be good. Some are in EA but I don´t mind, as for the price of a "bad" two-hour movie, I get to play the game as much as I want, and maybe it even gets better along the way.

SurvIsland is a game in EA that Iam playing/enjoying alot with a hardcore survival theme to it. You might even spend an hour trying to figure out how to make a "stone axe"! The time you spend seeing a bad movie at the movies! [:D]

At half the price of a movie...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/839630/Survisland/

Will have you trying and trying again and again till you get it right...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/379210/Wayward/

Want more, get Ylands...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/298610/Ylands/

Once in awhile you have to get away from guns and destroying things! [:)]

Red

--
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

There is a lot of wisdom in what you posted, Red. And not just because I agree with you [:D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

This was released as abit of fun nothing more.

I've been nagging Jeff to expand the system and if we all keep emailing him to do it I reckon it will happen.

Expanded campaign game set in Stalingrad..yes please.

SO get emailing! He certainly wasn't adverse to the idea but abit concerned the effort spent wouldn't be worth the sales. I keep telling him if done well will sell like hotcakes.

SO again get emailing him!
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Boy would I love a WW2 version of Vengeance. I would pay $30 right now. Not sure why he didn't continue with that system including the editor and instead went very simple - can you say Patriot Battles! He did make a change on PB I suggested, so we are all on the same side here.

Return to “General Discussion”