AxisAllies

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Bombur

RE: AxisAllies

Post by Bombur »

Game started. China´s turn, where is Two Tribes?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Sorry guys been in the hospital. Now I am in live in rehab get to come home when ever my rehab is done for the day and someone is home to pick me up.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Game back on course?

Japan continues it's war with China...only now the USA, Germany, and others have entered the combat...things don't look good for China as they only have one city and a resource center left in their control...and they are about to lose the city. The USA seems to have LOTS and lots of submarines and tanks all over the world. I have taken over Germany and Italy and takes a long time to do all the turns. To help I have utilized the TOE system to lower the micromanagement of the Axis units...But that will take time as the previous player did not have standardized units...
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Come on guys...make some AAR....post to this forum.

Japan continues to fight against China...captures the last city in China...only the resource center in far west China remains...after it the Japanese can concentrate on the USA....still a long way to go before the Germans and Italians are away from the micromanagement requirement...lots of troops to standardized...so TOE does the working. Large forces of Chinese troops have been cut off from all supply. I could simply reorganize my forces and avoid combat with the Chinese for several turns until they become to weak to fight..
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Still the only one posting.

Germany raids England in attempt to draw British Air units into air battle....some responded and got trounced. Germany attacked with 200 F190A squadrons (SFT's) as well as some bombers.

Italy is having trouble in Africa and may need some German help...Germany will be pulling some of it's forces in China out and will probably move them to defense positions in India.

Japan continues to eliminate the cut off Chinese troops as the 3rd Army moves toward the last Chinese supply source. All Chinese cities have fallen to Japan. The 4th and 5th Army will take up positions for defense.

During the Japanese turn the thunderstorms which are almost constant right now cut my power but fortunately I had my UPS working and it went from 40 minutes of battery power to less than 30....before the power finally came back on saving my turn. I was in the process of trying to find a way to save the turn when the power came back on...
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Come on guys...someone else post something.

Germany raids a British submarine group trying to block the English straits....sent in a lot of planes just in case the British respond...they did and got trounced again....Germany lost 5 Fw190A's and 1 BF109F....British lost 28 Spitfire IX's and 10 Spitfire V's some Spitfire I's and a single sub. But it opened the straits long enough for me to get a Wolfpack of 50 subs through to the Atlantic Ocean. Continue to restructure the German Army to standardize the units..really crazy seeing unit made up entirely on machine guns...with no rifleman units. Slow progress since keeping the amount of power in place is mandatory.

Italy definitely is having more trouble in Africa than they expected and are unable to build fast enough to overcome their trouble so Germany has to help...with the ending of the Indian Campaign (and China)...Germany will move some units to Africa from the far East and probably make up an African Army.

Japan continues the elimination of the Chinese army and starts to send troops to the coastlines. The 3rd Army continues to advance on the last Chinese resource center and starts to peal off some units to watch the Soviet border. In French Indochina the Japanese army is making slow progress...but it is making progress toward Saigon and is building a road to connect Thailand (Bangkok) to China.

Monsoons continue here so making sure the battery in my UPS is fully charged. Last night the lightning lasted ALL night...not too easy to sleep when it wakes you up every few seconds. Sleep mask keeps out the light but nothing keeps out the sound and house shaking close hits and heavy rain/wind cause. It is calm now but I can see the storms start building up already going to be another lightning day...but we do need the rain although we don't need the flash floods. Or the dumb people who don't know enough to stay out of the low runoff places. And I definitely don't need the weeds the rain causes--how come they grow faster than my plants? I have native to this area plants so they should respond well to the storms and they do but not as well as the weeds.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Fair game... You are always so quick to call others dishonorable. It's a trend you know. You coulda' just M'd me, like you did a dozen times before in this game, and said, 'Hey, brother what's up with the reloads?' Instead, you got on your high horse that stands on top of your soapbox... as you are oft to do. I finally had time and energy to record the issue (and upload it to youtube) that I spoke about a half dozen times in this thread alone. In fact, it's likely why I couldn't login on the first incarnation of this game before we rebooted-- I had saved the turn with this issue instead of rebooting. You remember that don't you? The video is below (link provided) for your eyes to see (and the rest of the players who care to see if my play was 'fair'). Not only do I get this issue (randomly), but if I attack, then the game forces me to end my turn... and sometimes it won't even let me exit-depending on how it feels that day. This video shows V3 and vanilla. As I've said for well over year now, I can't figure out why this is occurring. Claus was given a vid of my issue months before the 'Reload'. So either Claus is lying for me and I created video or you were wrong. You're a nice guy, no doubt, and a very good player... but the distrust and lack of, I don't what to call it... mono e mono conversation. The drama! Think about. How did I get to the dominating position I was at? Because I'm dumb? Why after all that would I reboot the game to just to get a peek at you! Tom you're not that good, brother. In this thread, I spoke of my issue many times... did it not once cross your mind that I was telling the truth? Did I just make up the 'issue' early on as precursor? This is a video game... not Shakespeare.

https://youtu.be/k_Nx_2EdRgI
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Sorry to hear you still have ongoing issues, but these are competitive games, and as such you will find players unhappy when technical issues create error messages. I mean no offence by it and hope the issue is resolved, for myself I only have one game of ATG still on the go after that I am done with ATG. Something to bare in mind the normal procedure for dealing with a error message is a brief explanation on forum, your new to the forum so I guess you were unaware. Good luck with future games, not that you need any[:)]
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Well, still the only one posting AAR.

Germany continues it's rebuilding and reorganizing efforts. Germany has moved units to the coastlines it has (and a lot of them). A new Army (12th) under Rommel is moving to Africa to help out the overwhelmed Italian Army. The German Army has started building fortresses along it's Belgium coastlines in an ambitious plan to fortify the entire German/Spanish/French, low countries Atlantic coastlines. Conducted raids on small British coastal units near France in an attempt to draw out the British air force and so far it is working well...killing more enemy Spitfires than planes I lose.

Italy is practically useless??!!

Japan has captured the last Chinese city (resource center) and now prepares for what comes next...4th and 5th Armies are moving to the coastlines to repel any American landings. The 3rd Army will move to the border to deter any Soviet aggression. A new Army will be formed to occupy South East Asia. Still another new Army will form inside China to respond to any place it is needed. In the homeland the Japanese are building fortresses and lots of coastal batteries to protect it's cities from any action from the sea and/or air.

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The Peace Loving Soviets continue to remain at peace. Current 5 year plan includes building up production.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The Soviets continue to upgrade and prepare to defend the homeland.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Soviets make alliance with the USA...this makes it look like the Soviets will soon join the Allies.

Another German attack on a small sub group off England...British lose 1 submarine, 4 Spitifire V, and 35 Spitifire IX....I think the game misspelled Spitfire (don't think spitifire is correct). While losing 1 Bf109F and 3 Fw190A's. Next turn is beginning of new year and new research is available...so it is time to save up the PP's,..

Italy is not saving up PP's because it's production S%#KS. As do it's tanks and most of it's planes. But it is producing combat units. Italy is giving most of it's overseas cities to Germany as Italy does not have occupy tech and will never likely produce enough PP to get it. Italy would like to buy some German equipment the same way the British can buy some American equipment.

Japan sees that China surrendered to the USA....this should not be allowed as they are an ally not an enemy. (Look up definition of surrender.) Japan prepares for war with whoever attacks it. The Shanghai Command is renamed the 7th Army and moved to Peking...It will form an Army to deter the Soviets along with the 3rd Army. The 6th Army is formed in Vietnam area to take over defense of that coast when Saigon is finally captured. The 4th Army will be responsible for the coastline between just north of Hanoi and just north of Hong Kong. The 5th Army will be responsible for the coastline between just north of Hong Kong to the Peking Area. Korean Command will take over the area near Peking to the Soviet border. The 2nd Army will take over guarding the border with the Soviets in Manchuria. Japan also looks forward to the new year and new researches.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The Soviets have made no declaration of war and have not even manned their border so the whining coming from the Japanese is just paranoia of a thug speaking.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

The Japanese seems to have accidentally offended the Soviet nation...we humbly apologize for any offense.

A new year has started and thus lots of new researches become available. All Axis nations took advantage of this (except Italy which has no PP).

Weather stopped any air attacks off the coast of France but it allows Germany to replace any air losses. Germany spent a lot of PP to buy new researches so expect some new equipment to show up in the front soon.

Italy is putting all it's production into combat units in the hopes that it will stem the tide of American advances. They seem to be everywhere in LARGE numbers with the latest equipment.

Japan continues to move armies into position to repel any attacks and continue what advances we can. Japan also spent lots of PP for new equipment that hopefully will help beat back the omnipresent Americans.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The Russian Bear is not amused by threats. Having taken no offensive action but accused of attacking the Bear rightly spoke out. We accept your apology.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

This game stalled?
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Sorry, my mistake, fixing it in a few hours.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The latest turn says Soviets but is USA turn.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Fixed

Return to “After Action Reports”