2.8.9.4 Extra CP Sunk Bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rkr1958

2.8.9.4 Extra CP Sunk Bug

Post by rkr1958 »

1. Western Med, Vichy/Italy search 3, RN 8. Only the axis find.

2. Axis isolate the 0-box, which gives them 9 surprise points and selects a naval air battle.

3. The axis use 8 of those 9 surprise points to increase allied risk from X, A to 2X, 2A.

4. The axis select the USN CP for the first loss of the first X and then, of course, a CW CP.

5. However, it looks like MWiF gets confused and applies the second half X to 2 CW CP's instead of 1.

6. The final result is 1 USN, 4 CW CP's sunk and 1 CP aborted instead of 1 USN, 3 CW CP's sunk, 2 CP's aborted.

Attachments
999CPDamageBug.jpg
999CPDamageBug.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 24 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

RE: 2.8.9.4 Extra CP Sunk Bug

Post by rkr1958 »

game turn.
Attachments
CPDamageBug.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Ronnie
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It's a bug allright... Probably got something to do with the fact that there are convoy points of two different major powers around...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I'm working on this.[&o]

---

The Axis should have taken a surface instead of a naval air. They would have started on the 2X, 2A and shifted from there.
I would have included the 1 section box too, and then used 3 surprise points choose a target (convoys) and other surprise points to zero out the Axis damage. That should have gotten rid of all the convoys and at least damaged the Allied surface ship.

While I am offering advice, the Allied side should have flown a fighter to the zero box. Then the Axis would have been forced to either spend surprise points to force a surface or fight an air-to-air battle. A fighter in the zero box is almost always a good way to help protect convoys.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I'm working on this.[&o]

---

The Axis should have taken a surface instead of a naval air. They would have started on the 2X, 2A and shifted from there.
I would have included the 1 section box too, and then used 3 surprise points choose a target (convoys) and other surprise points to zero out the Axis damage. That should have gotten rid of all the convoys and at least damaged the Allied surface ship.

While I am offering advice, the Allied side should have flown a fighter to the zero box. Then the Axis would have been forced to either spend surprise points to force a surface or fight an air-to-air battle. A fighter in the zero box is almost always a good way to help protect convoys.
Thanks! In the "heat of battle" I sometimes make sub-optimum choices, as in this case. [:(]

Thanks for the post combat debriefing ... hopefully, I'll learn and improve. [:)]
Ronnie

Return to “Tech Support”