Random crashes - how to report

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
jjdenver

Random crashes - how to report

Post by jjdenver »

I often get random crashes. Sometimes it's when I'm moving naval units and click near top of screen. Sometimes it's right after I click the end turn button - it seems to save end turn then crashes. Sometimes like today it's when I'm just doing random things- like using an air unit to strike a ship in a port.

Is there a way to report these? The program literally shuts down - it's gone - so there is no way to screenshot.

Thanks
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Taxman66

RE: Random crashes - how to report

Post by Taxman66 »

If it is happening in other games or whenever the graphics card requires more juice it could be your Power Supply has gone bad. I've had that happen to me in the past.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
zakblood

RE: Random crashes - how to report

Post by zakblood »

a report can always help,

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum

then a clean O/S, a clean boot, eg less junk loaded, get a game friendly AV and save often, eg auto save on
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”