Sea-Battles

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here
Cfant

Sea-Battles

Post by Cfant »

Hi!

Just tested the 1914-1918 scenario. Both Germany and Britain have modern BBs with Range 3. So I looked what happens, when a counter comes into range of another one with the same range.

Played it a few times.

Always the same happened:

Counter Britain (4 BBs Range 3) comes into range of Counter Germany (5 BBs Range 3, 5 Battlecruisers Range 2). Germany fires and sinks all of Counter Britain. Even Britains Range 3 BBs didn't shoot back.

next try:

Counter Germany comes into Range of Counter Britain. Counter Britain fires and sinks all german ships. The 5 german Range-3-BBs don't even fire back.

So in the end, we have a problem: There are NO sea battles. Just sea-slaughters. He who comes into range of an enemy is lost. It's ok that the other counter has the first shot, but then it should be a fight.

By the way, tested British Range 3 BBs attacking german coastal fortresses (Range 3): Brits come into range, fortress fires, damages the Brits (not very much though). Ok so far. Now I open the attack planer and the Brits open fire on the fortress. The fortress is destroyed every time (ok, why not) but doesn't fire back.

Bug, I say! [:-] Is it the same in other scenarios?
secadegas

RE: Sea-Battles

Post by secadegas »

ORIGINAL: Cfant

Is it the same in other scenarios?

From my experience, yes, very much the same.

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I'm playing PAW with Jorge and I haven't noticed any
problems like that. Maybe test out the game engine
performance with that scenario and see what happens.
Maybe it's your machine???? Your operating system???
I'm running WIN7 and I don't remember seeing this
problem.
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

Hi Larry, yes, please make some test. Others have this issue as well. I can't imagine it's the operating system. Everything works fine. Let us know!
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

Just looked at Global Conflict 1988. Losses on both sides in sea battles. Have to make a closer look, if the losses were caused by aircraft oder naval units.

Return to “The War Room”