Pilot calculations

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

-pag-

Pilot calculations

Post by -pag- »

i recently picked up new EDBTR. I had old BTR since its release. This newer version definitely seems better to me. Menus, buttons, paths , etc seem more stable and overall the game seems less buggy. I Got rid of that awful CLICK and added the Morse code and a few sounds from the old game which I missed. Discovering differences between the old and new is half the fun. Really like the additional waypoints in the new version and the WP controls work very well. Congrats and thanks to all those who worked on this project its really a joy to play.

I'm playing the BOB game -which is new to me. I feel silly asking this but what is the significance of the aces (eg Galland) in the game? The pilot listings are impressively detailed. When experienced or ace pilots are lost does it effect the calculations?
simovitch

RE: Pilot calculations

Post by simovitch »

No, the victory condition calculations are not impacted by loss of pilots and aces. Only destruction of industry, aircraft, airfields, and urban centers.
simovitch

-pag-

RE: Pilot calculations

Post by -pag- »

Thanks that makes sense. I assume that squadrons that lose a leader (well known or not) will take a morale hit.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”