[FIXED] Time Won't Progress

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TXTBOOK

[FIXED] Time Won't Progress

Post by TXTBOOK »

In the attached save, time will not progress. Initially I can get it to go from 27 seconds to 28 seconds, but it won't progress past that, no matter the time compression or starting/stopping time.

In task manager, I can see CMANO is eating up about 40% of CPU, so it seems like "something" is happening, but time doesn't move.

Steam v1.14 Build 998.9

Any ideas?
Attachments
Operation..July2018.zip
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
zakblood

RE: Time Won't Progress

Post by zakblood »

try a steam repair to see if any files are missing.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

Verify Integrity of Game Files
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
TXTBOOK

Post by TXTBOOK »

I ran the repair. It found about 114 files and I repaired them. No idea how that got all messed up, but seems to be unrelated:

Still have the issue. Does time progress in the save for any one else?

Very strange issue. I was playing the game fine, and time just stopped. I made the save file after I had the issue (issue happened in "real time", not just when loading this save file after closing CMANO).

EDIT: I've just loaded a bunch of other scenarios, and time won't progress in those either. So something more universal is going on with my CMANO. Any help much appreciated.... I've tried the old reboot a couple times already.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Had a look at this now.

The problem is that the LPD 17 is assigned to the mission "Military Base 1 Landing", which is a cargo-delivery mission whose area is wholly inland. So the ship tries continuously to find a suitable place to sail into this area, and the "pick a point" algorithm has no "give up" clause. Thus the sim-core freezes at this point.

So, two-part solution:

1) Added a "give up after A LOT of attempts" safety valve in the loop that tries to pick a point. This will still slow things down but not freeze completely.

2) Don't assign non-hovercraft ships to landlocked cargo missions!
TXTBOOK

Post by TXTBOOK »

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!!!!

Return to “Tech Support”