Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Broncepulido

RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable

Post by Broncepulido »

Yes, just about the P-40 initial post I did enter the other day Russian Wikipedia (with Google Translate!), and apparently has 3D capabilities but limited to some wide altitude bands:
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%D0%A112

For me this is the explanation about probably only three wide exploration zones on height:
Во время работы станция 1С12 совершает непрерывный круговой обзор пространства. Всё пространство делится на три зоны, зоны просматриваются друг за другом по очереди. За один полный оборот антенны просматривается одна зона. Так же имеются режимы работы, при которых просматривается какая-то одна зона, или только нижние зоны. Для защиты от активных помех станция 1С12 может перестраивать рабочие частоты по заданному алгоритму. От пассивных помех используется двухчастотный когерентно-импульсный метод. При работе со станцией наведения 1С32 время развёртывания и свёртывания станции составляет 5 минут
During operation, the 1S12 station performs a continuous circular survey of the space. The entire space is divided into three zones, the zones are scanned one by one in turn. For one full revolution of the antenna, one zone is visible. There are also modes of operation in which one zone is viewed, or only the lower zones. To protect against active interference, the 1C12 station can rebuild operating frequencies according to a given algorithm. The passive interference is a two-frequency coherent-pulse method. When working with the guidance station 1S32, the deployment and coagulation time of the station is 5 minutes

And also:
Модификации
1С12 — базовый вариант, предназначен для использования в составе ЗРК 2К11 «Круг»
П40 «Броня» — модифицированный вариант, отличается незначительным изменением приборного состава для использования с подвижным радиовысотомером 1РЛ19Б (ПРВ-9Б «Наклон-2Б»)
Variants:
- 1S12 - the base version, is intended for use as part of the ZKK 2K11 "Krug"
- P40 "Armor" - modified version, differs by a slight change in the instrument composition for use with the mobile radio altimeter 1RL19B (PRV-9B "Naklon-2B")
Broncepulido

Post by Broncepulido »

On other side, PRV-9 by photo as clearly the configuration of a full-size 3D radar and not an additament to P-40:
http://www.russianarms.ru/forum/index.php?topic=492.0
SlabSheetrock

Post by SlabSheetrock »

Uhh, the armament on the *Yavuz* is incorrect. She's listed in the DB as having 152mm Mark XVII/III secondaries, when she had 15cm SK L/45 MPL c/06s.
taffthomas

Post by taffthomas »

I see the Tornado aircraft came into service in 1979 Can it be incorporated into the database please (or is it a iffy date)
Suintila

MiG-15, MiG-17 and MiG-19

Post by Suintila »

Could you please correct the following mistakes in the CWDB?

MiG-15bis B Fagot, MiG-15UTI Fagot, CS-102, LIM-1, LIM-3 and S-102
Average Climb Rate: 13m/s (instead of 23m/s)
Instantaneous Climb Rate, S/L: 39m/s (instead of 69m/s)
Max speed: 590kts (instead of 650kts)
This is because Klimov VK-1 engine had no afterburner

MiG-17 Fresco A, MiG-17F Fresco C, MiG-17PF Fresco D, MiG-17PM/PMU Fresco E, FT-5, J-5A, LIM-5 and S-105
Average Climb Rate: 23m/s (instead of 13m/s)
Instantaneous Climb Rate, S/L: 69m/s (instead of 39m/s)
This is because Klimov VK-1F engine had afterburner

MiG-19P Farmer B, MiG-19PM Farmer D, MiG-19S Farmer C, F-6A, J-6 and J-6A
Max speed: 770kts (instead of 700kts)
This is because these aircrafts had two RD-9B engines (instead of one)

Thank you.

(Sources: Squadron/Signal Publicatios-In Action, Airwar.ru, Ruslet.cz, Wikipedia)
butch4343

RE: MiG-15, MiG-17 and MiG-19

Post by butch4343 »

Sirius,

I wondered if I could request that in the CWDB the Falklands war mod version of the Nimrod be added. The reason I am looking for this is am working on a scenario that includes HMS Eagle in the Falklands. The problem is that the CWDB Nimrod variants dont include the ability to AAR, therefore I cant include them in the scenario.

Kind Regards

Butch
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

no problems
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

ORIGINAL: SlabSheetrock

Uhh, the armament on the *Yavuz* is incorrect. She's listed in the DB as having 152mm Mark XVII/III secondaries, when she had 15cm SK L/45 MPL c/06s.
Fixed
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

ORIGINAL: butch4343

Sirius,

I wondered if I could request that in the CWDB the Falklands war mod version of the Nimrod be added. The reason I am looking for this is am working on a scenario that includes HMS Eagle in the Falklands. The problem is that the CWDB Nimrod variants dont include the ability to AAR, therefore I cant include them in the scenario.

Kind Regards

Butch
New Platform is Hypothetical in the Db
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

taffthomas

French Crusader

Post by taffthomas »

Problem with the French Crusader (Ithink) It Uses AN/APQ 104 When radar selected it does not show In the US Crusader with the AN/APQ 94 Radar shows
Attachments
Crusader Test.zip
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
taffthomas

RE: French Crusader

Post by taffthomas »

Sorry again The CWBD was the latest one and I'm all up to date with the builds
Jeff
ARCNA442

RE: French Crusader

Post by ARCNA442 »

Could we have the US Navy's cancelled F-111B fighter added to the database? The last prototypes were production models and their specifications are available.
butch4343

Post by butch4343 »

Thanks Sirus

Am much obliged [:)]
butch4343

MXY-7 Cherry Blossom/Baka

Post by butch4343 »

Sirus,

I wondered if I could request a couple additions to the database if possible?

I am working on a WW2 Pacific War series of scenarios, I am looking to add the venerable workhorse of the Japanese bomber fleet the G4 Betty, I was wondering what information would you require to add this, is it basically the information contained in a Database Viewer?

I wondered if I could push my luck a little further, and request two additional things along with it, I was wondering if the MXY-7 Ohka human Kamakazie could be added to the database as a load out for the Betty? IMHO it should be treated as a weapon, rather than an “aircraft” as it really doesnt have a lot of the attributes of an aircraft, and it had to follow a fairly direct flight path as it is effectively a glide weapon.

I would be more than happy Sirius to provide you with as much research as possible to assist you in adding these,

kind regards

Butch
.Sirius

RE: MXY-7 Cherry Blossom/Baka

Post by .Sirius »

Sirus,

I wondered if I could request a couple additions to the database if possible?

I am working on a WW2 Pacific War series of scenarios, I am looking to add the venerable workhorse of the Japanese bomber fleet the G4 Betty, I was wondering what information would you require to add this, is it basically the information contained in a Database Viewer?

I wondered if I could push my luck a little further, and request two additional things along with it, I was wondering if the MXY-7 Ohka human Kamakazie could be added to the database as a load out for the Betty? IMHO it should be treated as a weapon, rather than an “aircraft” as it really doesnt have a lot of the attributes of an aircraft, and it had to follow a fairly direct flight path as it is effectively a glide weapon.

I would be more than happy Sirius to provide you with as much research as possible to assist you in adding these,

kind regards

Butch
Noted and on the to do list
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

butch4343

More Requests

Post by butch4343 »

Sirus

Thanks so much mate for including my requests I appreciate your efforts 

I find myself having to request more help from you, as I mentioned in regards to adding an AAR capable Nimrod, I am working on a what-if campaign involving HMS Eagle in the South Atlantic in 1978. I noticed that the CWDB lacks the retarded version of the UK’s 1000lb GP bomb, I know the modern database includes this as a “Mk18 1000lb Ret (RAF Retarded)” . I wondered if I could request that this be added to the CWDB? I understand that it would be a huge amount of work to add this to every possible aircraft loadout, so I wondered if you would add it to the Database , and then add it to specific aircraft at a later date?

In my case I would be looking for a loadout for the Royal Navy Buccaneer S2D Post 1976 Martel. I need this as everytime my Buccaneers pop up to the 800ft to drop their un-retarded Mk13s the argies have a field day with them unlike the BL-755 equipped Buccaneers that fly with them. I also note that the RN buccaneer S2A and B’s have a SNEB rocket loadout, however the later S2C and S2Ds don’t, I wonder if its possible could this be added to the later marks? The SNEB loadout is not vital to my scenario but it would be useful to the player.

Thank you for all your efforts and kind regards

Butch
ARCNA442

RE: More Requests

Post by ARCNA442 »

Could we have a version of the Regulus I missile with its original W-5 nuclear warhead (40kt yield). The 2mt version currently in the database wasn't introduced until 1958 and only 20 were built. Source: David Strumpf, Regulus: America's First Nuclear Submarine Missile, page 171. (If it isn't too difficult, I also think a hypothetical version of Regulus I with a 3000# conventional warhead would make an interesting addition for some alternate history scenarios)

Also, would it be possible to have the Regulus II added?

.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Sirus

Thanks so much mate for including my requests I appreciate your efforts 

I find myself having to request more help from you, as I mentioned in regards to adding an AAR capable Nimrod, I am working on a what-if campaign involving HMS Eagle in the South Atlantic in 1978. I noticed that the CWDB lacks the retarded version of the UK’s 1000lb GP bomb, I know the modern database includes this as a “Mk18 1000lb Ret (RAF Retarded)” . I wondered if I could request that this be added to the CWDB? I understand that it would be a huge amount of work to add this to every possible aircraft loadout, so I wondered if you would add it to the Database , and then add it to specific aircraft at a later date?

In my case I would be looking for a loadout for the Royal Navy Buccaneer S2D Post 1976 Martel. I need this as everytime my Buccaneers pop up to the 800ft to drop their un-retarded Mk13s the argies have a field day with them unlike the BL-755 equipped Buccaneers that fly with them. I also note that the RN buccaneer S2A and B’s have a SNEB rocket loadout, however the later S2C and S2Ds don’t, I wonder if its possible could this be added to the later marks? The SNEB loadout is not vital to my scenario but it would be useful to the player.

Thank you for all your efforts and kind regards

Butch
On the list
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

ORIGINAL: ARCNA442

Could we have a version of the Regulus I missile with its original W-5 nuclear warhead (40kt yield). The 2mt version currently in the database wasn't introduced until 1958 and only 20 were built. Source: David Strumpf, Regulus: America's First Nuclear Submarine Missile, page 171. (If it isn't too difficult, I also think a hypothetical version of Regulus I with a 3000# conventional warhead would make an interesting addition for some alternate history scenarios)

Also, would it be possible to have the Regulus II added?

On the to do list
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

IICptMillerII

Post by IICptMillerII »

Just wondering, are there any plans to add the WWII German navy to the database? The US, Soviets and Japanese navies of WWII are already pretty well represented. Is there a reason why the German's aren't here? Apologies if this has been answered in the past.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”