Operation Goodwood

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here
2clicks

Operation Goodwood

Post by 2clicks »

I'm just about to start operation Goodwood and was wondering if anyone had any tips. I'm looking to get better at attacking and doing so in the most efficient way. All help appreciated!

Many thanks.
larryfulkerson

RE: Operation Goodwood

Post by larryfulkerson »

It sounds like a gag joke but I'm serious about this: maybe watch Elmer for a turn or two to see how he handles units. Elmer will attack at very low odds though so you'll have to assist it from time to time. And he likes to chase units until they die which is probably something that a human probably wouldn't do all the time just when it's justified. He likes to put HQ units on the front lines too. I would avoid that myself.
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hi Andrew - hope you have fun with Goodwood. Pay attention to your unit compositions, because due to the small scale the scenario is set up to be a little more tactical than normal for TOAW. Don't let me get misquoted, it's not a Tactical Scenario! But if you know the relationship between different types of equipment, you have a better understanding of what takes place in this scenario.
Also understand that even at this late point in the war, the British still weren't very good at combined operations. Lessons learned the hard way in Goodwood were put to good practice in the follow-up Operation Spring [also included in the scenario].
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

There was a short thread during development. Some of it is off topic, but if you hadn't seen it you might want to take a quick look:

tm.asp?m=2784561

Return to “The War Room”