Bacon Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Nobody987

RE: Bacon Mod

Post by Nobody987 »

After 50+ year in game, it slogs at 4x speed for me with that settings and similar rig, although 1x is pretty playable. Do you struggle with running 4x speed or running game at all?
Vellarain

Post by Vellarain »

I like 2X speed, 4X at the start because prewarp can be a little bit of a slog. Guess I am just too damned impatient and normal speed feels like I am watching paint dry sometimes. I have the same issue with Stellaris, cant stand playing that game at anything but the fastest setting.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

I always play at the lowest possible speed.
Kothyxaan

Post by Kothyxaan »

You are working on pirates now, yay!
My biggest fear is you will add so much to the game that computers will explode, and you will be sued by irate bacon mod users!
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

I play at most at 1x, so many things already happen at this pace (full manual control though). In battles, I can switch to slow or very slow even.

Roger, I had a crash on startup, but got no save as you guess:

Are you still intent on adding helium in the list of resources to maintain at stations? Because it happens all the time, this lack of helium for upgrade. While you are at it, having caslon would be nice too. You can remove Adamantium though, each station has 25 and it is a waste.
AGEOD Team
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: Pocus

I play at most at 1x, so many things already happen at this pace (full manual control though). In battles, I can switch to slow or very slow even.

Roger, I had a crash on startup, but got no save as you guess:

Are you still intent on adding helium in the list of resources to maintain at stations? Because it happens all the time, this lack of helium for upgrade. While you are at it, having caslon would be nice too. You can remove Adamantium though, each station has 25 and it is a waste.
Hi. I'll look at the crash when I get home tonight. I think I know the cause. The thread that it's doing the planet update is running before the game is fully initialized and my code is using an uninitialized variable. I assume it ran ok when you tried to reload our a second time?

As for the helium issue, I'm sorry is you got the wrong idea. I don't have any intention of adding fuel tips to the list of reserved resources because I'm not sure how that would affect the game. The solution is to revert helium back to being a non fuel resource and change the reactors that use it back to hydrogen. I've done that in my Retreat mod and there are no more issues on upgrade.

I wore all is this in my phone without checking what craziness auto correct did to my words. I hope it's readable.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Do you mean that Helium is not added because it's a fuel in the UE-Retreat mod? That would explain at least. If that's the issue, I will probably edit out helium as fuel too.

Might have a couple of extra bugs for you, but I'm waiting for a clear cut case on both.
AGEOD Team
sotthata

Post by sotthata »

Roger,

I have a feature request. Is it possible to hook into the refueling missions where after you tell a ship/fleet to refuel, if any ship is still under X% fuel (like default 95%) then it immediately re-issues a "refuel from nearest" order? Or save the last place they refueled and reissue the specific "refuel at..." order?

It's such a PITA babysitting fleets to make sure they refuel.

Thanks,
Sott
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Do you mean that Helium is not added because it's a fuel in the UE-Retreat mod? That would explain at least. If that's the issue, I will probably edit out helium as fuel too.

Correct.

ORIGINAL: sotthata

Roger,

I have a feature request. Is it possible to hook into the refueling missions where after you tell a ship/fleet to refuel, if any ship is still under X% fuel (like default 95%) then it immediately re-issues a "refuel from nearest" order? Or save the last place they refueled and reissue the specific "refuel at..." order?

The only reason they wouldn't refuel when given the order is if the station ran out of fuel. Unfortunately, there is no memory of an order once it is given so what you are asking would be very difficult.

RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Happy 4th of July!
Version 1.72 released.

Additions:

!godmode - a cheat I use while testing. It toggles full visibility on/off. With this on the ship finder should be able to find any planet or ship even if you haven't discovered it.

!filterresource [resourceID] - This will filter the lefthand lists of known resources and mining locations for the resource who's id you have entered. For example, !filterresource 18 would only show Caslon mines and locations for most mods that have Caslon as resource id 18. Enter without a number to reset to show all. Additionally these lists will now have the same sort by distance that the ship list table uses (if an object is selected it filters by distance to that object).

ETA for individual ships. On the ship information display ships not in fleets will show the ETA to their next waypoint in seconds. Unfortunately due to space limitations I had to use the line that normally shows fleet membership so ETA is not available for fleets. I may find a workaround for this in the future since I know ETA for fleets would be desirable.

Refueling point now checks against real empire and not displayed empire: This only affects pirates really. Pirate civilian ships always show their empire as independent so if you order your fleet to refuel from a pirate gas miner they won't pick up any fuel because they are not "independent". I've changed this so it checks against the real empire of the gas miner. Happy refueling.

Pirate looting value: This now correctly takes into account changes you may have made to the cost multiplier of ships in the BaconSettings.txt. Looting factor will be multiplied by the ration of your markup price/ original price. For example, I play with shipMarkupFactor=20 in my settings. That's 4 times the vanilla value of 5. So my looting will also be multiplied by 4.

Changes:

!nukem - The logic has been improved now so that only ships without owners will be nuked. There is no need for the Boolean argument now. Previoulsy, even if you kept pirate bases their constructor ship was getting nuked and since pirates can't build constructors it put them at a severe disadvantage.

Bug fixes:

Fixed a bug in Free trader dialog when trading with a planet constructing a ship.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Thanks for the new version!
I'll make use of the resource filtering, definitively, that's a nice addition.

Among the bug fixes, perhaps you fixed the 'upgrading station don't allow Free Trader dialog'?
AGEOD Team
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Thanks for the new version!
I'll make use of the resource filtering, definitively, that's a nice addition.

Among the bug fixes, perhaps you fixed the 'upgrading station don't allow Free Trader dialog'?

That was one. Thanks.
Sithuk

Post by Sithuk »

Hi Roger,

Does your mod:
1. amend the galaxy map filter to remember the last selected drop down menu item (for example if I'm filtering for a specific resource)
2. allow a race's design templates to be reloaded after game creation (for example, say I want to switch from beams to torps in the race design template and then reload them to have the auto ship design use the newly altered race design templates?)
Borack92

Post by Borack92 »

Hey,
is it possible to add additional player colors with this mod like white or grey?
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: Sithuk

Hi Roger,

Does your mod:
1. amend the galaxy map filter to remember the last selected drop down menu item (for example if I'm filtering for a specific resource)
2. allow a race's design templates to be reloaded after game creation (for example, say I want to switch from beams to torps in the race design template and then reload them to have the auto ship design use the newly altered race design templates?)

1 no. I've only used the galaxy map once I think. Someone suggested this and I looked at it but wasn't able to find where it was to make changes.

2 Yes. !loadshiptemplates [includePlayerDesigns=false].
syntaXerroR

Post by syntaXerroR »

Hey Roger,

Your post numbered #266 mentioned 'Greedy Construction Ships'. Did it make it into 1.5 or a later build as I am playing the latest build and it doesn't seem to be working as mentioned?

Maybe I missed turning it on in the BaconSettings.txt?

P.S. Cheers for an awesome mod and also, shout out to Retreat1970 for his awesome mod and to Das for getting RetreatUE and Bacon working together.
your superior intellect is no match for my puny braiN!
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: syntaXerroR

Hey Roger,

Your post numbered #266 mentioned 'Greedy Construction Ships'. Did it make it into 1.5 or a later build as I am playing the latest build and it doesn't seem to be working as mentioned?

P.S. Cheers for an awesome mod and also, shout out to Retreat1970 for his awesome mod and to Das for getting RetreatUE and Bacon working together.

Yes, it's in there. I just had a freighter load about 1000 of each strategic resource onto a freighter. It was able to build several bases in a row without having to go back and load up with more steel. It seems like steel is used more than anything else.

Remember, as post 266 says, if you don't manually drop off supplies at a construction ship it will only pick up what is needed for construction plus a little extra.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

shout out to Retreat1970 for his awesome mod

All Credit goes to Mordachai and Unleashed Extended. RetreatUE just piggybacks on top of that masterpiece (imo).
syntaXerroR

Post by syntaXerroR »

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

ORIGINAL: syntaXerroR

Hey Roger,

Remember, as post 266 says, if you don't manually drop off supplies at a construction ship it will only pick up what is needed for construction plus a little extra.

Ahh, yup, missed the bit about getting a freighter to load it up. Cheers for the clarification.

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970
shout out to Retreat1970 for his awesome mod

All Credit goes to Mordachai and Unleashed Extended. RetreatUE just piggybacks on top of that masterpiece (imo).

Kudos to Mordachai aswell. :)
your superior intellect is no match for my puny braiN!
sotthata

Post by sotthata »

I can't get !loadtemplates true to work, or (and probably more likely) I don't know what I'm doing. Running v1.71.

I'm playing the Paratis so I modified the military ships in the mymod/designTemplates/paratis/ directory to include two repair modules (DamageControl ;2) and two bays (FighterBay ;2). I CTRL-E !loadtemplates true to no effect. That's the command listed in the README. I also tried the one Roger typed above, !loadshiptemplates true.

Once I've done that, I then go and click "Auto Upgrade Ship" and no change. I've also waited for the advisor to ask for a refit; likewise no change. Ships still have one repair module and no hangers.

Where am I going wrong, por favor? Thanks.

Return to “Design and Modding”