Small island control

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
pjg100

Small island control

Post by pjg100 »

I have taken control of most of England. However, the redoubtable inhabitants of the Scully Isles appear to be holding out against the Axis menace where the full might of the UK military failed. I suspect that one consequence of their stubbornness is that the Allied player can see me move naval assets around southeastern UK unless I detour around the Isles. There was some heavy naval action in the area a few turns ago, so this is a nontrivial issue.

A similar scenario is playing out in the Faeroes, which are Axis controlled. I was able to see a depleted Allied naval unit sheltering amongst the Faeroes a few turns ago - did not take advantage of it because it seemed to me unrealistic to assume that the Germans would have taken the Faeroes before they had taken Scapa Flow (if at all).

It would be an improvement for the game to have a mechanism of transferring control of these specks of land on the satisfaction of certain conditions, since one cannot land on them to take control.
pjg100

RE: Small island control

Post by pjg100 »

Following up on this - in one of my current PBEM games I (Axis) have taken control of Britain, including Scapa Flow. However, the Orkney Islands remain stubbornly under Allied control, which means (I think) that the Allied player can see every naval unit I run into or out of Scapa. Scilly is also under Aliied control despite having no Allied ports closer than Iceland. The Shetlands also remain under Allied control despite the Axis controlling all nearby ports, yet the Faeores (farther away) are under Axis control (presumably because the Axis conquered Denmark, but I thought that the Allies then took control in Operation Valentine). Irritating.

Return to “Tech Support”