Possible Stupid Question ... But ...

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

anthonykevinluke

Possible Stupid Question ... But ...

Post by anthonykevinluke »

Hi,

just starting my first single player game and I am up to the reinforcement phase but it keeps asking me for my 'pre-select victory conditions for the war with England'. How do I do/find that when I already start at war with England??? I am probably missing something easy, but ... any advice/help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

AKL
pzgndr

RE: Possible Stupid Question ... But ...

Post by pzgndr »

You need to go to the Victory Conditions screen (top menu button) to pre-select your victory conditions when at war. Chapter 6.4 in the manual provides details. Note that the updated manual provides more guidance now about the different victory conditions selections, and a reminder to players that their choices need to be carefully considered upon declaration of war and periodically reviewed while at war as conditions change. (The updated manual has lots of good stuff now.) Also, something that came up recently and something I will revise in the next update, a player may prioritize his peace condition choices by using the arrows at the bottom of the peace condition tables to move them higher up the list of terms. This is already noted in the later "Simultaneous Peace with Multiple Enemies" section but needs to be added to the earlier pre-selection instructions.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
anthonykevinluke

Post by anthonykevinluke »

Thanks Pzgdr,

I believe my problem is a corrupted download/file when I open the game I am missing the Victory points and National status overview tabs. Unfortunately my download was about 10-15? years ago when the game was first released so I do not know what I can do about it other than buy another copy I suppose ....... blast it! But, thank you for the replies and support.

Regards,

AKL
claymore58

Post by claymore58 »

Matrix will give you the new installer and possibly a new ownership code.
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

Hi MAte
we are trying to get a EiA going here welcome to join
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: anthonykevinluke
I believe my problem is a corrupted download/file

Maybe not, if you got it to install. My recommendation for a clean install is to load the original game, verify compatibility setting for WinXP SP2, and at least open the game. Then reboot, and then install the comprehensive update and hotfix#2. There's something about the original installer that causes problems with the update. I discussed this with Erik Rutins when I was testing the package and had problems myself trying to do the update right after a clean install. So, try rebooting in between for a "clean" install of the update. And if that doesn't work, then contact Matrix for a new installer. You shouldn't have to buy the game again.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”