Panzer Division = SUPER MAN

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

SparkleyTits

RE: Panzer Division = SUPER MAN

Post by SparkleyTits »

I think Beender is right personally the game has too many moving parts to give such sweeping statements as predetermined foresight

My experience is that if Axis gets Leningrad from turn 6-9 it is because in one way or another the Soviets let them
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

Nada
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
beender

Post by beender »

ORIGINAL: Icier

Unfortunately, you are talking from ignorance....have a look @ the games by CHOAS45 & Pelton ( although PeLton games may have been scrubbed for being naughty).

These 2 players would regularly Take Leningrad by turn 7.

Of course i am only commenting based on my own experience (who doesn't?), which is just a few months at most. But still,

1. The two players you mentioned are in the past time. I only heard of Pelton. Player skills never ceased increasing and the game updating, so their experience might not be relevant anymore.

2. Even if they are, they only prove that such practices are doable, or even desirable, but not that it's a necessary condition. Simple logic, i suppose.

3. On the other hand, so far I've played around 15 games as Axis, the longest being T11, and all ended with soviet player resigning. As mentioned among them only once was leningrade isolated. These are enough exceptions to the absolute statement. Also simple logic.

Well, at the end of day, in wars or wargames, arguments are proved not by talk but acts. So if you want to test my opinion by having a actual game, you are surely welcome. Won't take very long, I imagine[:'(]
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

It's very hard to justify resigning as either side before the end of the first winter. Maybe with the Germans if you have really not achieved much during Barbarossa.
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I think that depends on the player in question and what they want from the game
beender

Post by beender »

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

It's very hard to justify resigning as either side before the end of the first winter. Maybe with the Germans if you have really not achieved much during Barbarossa.

Can't say I totally understand what you mean, due to my English. But its my bad to stray away from the thread topic, so no more comment. After all, I cant really prove anything unless by doing actual games.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Back to tank losses in '41...Wanted to add my 2 cents as I've been trying the AI on Challenging which is about what Morvael was proposing morale wise. The Germans definitely lose a lot more tanks, by the start of mud the majority of my Panzer Div's were at 60-65% TOE. Partly rusty play on my part but no question the morale changes can and will produce more historical panzer attrition in '41.
Part of history is facts. The other part is what we find easier to believe.

Walter Darby Bannard
HardLuckYetAgain

Nada

German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Has the ammount of guns been increased for axis AA too then aswell as Soviet?
HardLuckYetAgain

Nada

Return to “The War Room”