larryfulkerson

Spanish Civil War 1936-39 (version 4)

Post by larryfulkerson »

Spanish Civil War 1936-39 (version 4)

Date: From 20-07-36 to 11-09-1939
Time scale: one week per turn
Length:165 turns
Unit scale: Brigades/Regiments/Battalions

On July 18th, 1936 part of the Spanish Army rebelled against the Government of the Republic. What at first promised to be a fast and easy victory became a war that lasted three years and in which eventually involved not only the Spanish but also combat troops from the the rest of the world, The Spanish Civil war was a prelude to WWII

--UNIT COLORS--

NATIONALIST ARMY

Professional army: white on gray
Army of Africa: black on light green
Requetes Tercios: red on yellow
Requetes Brigades: black on yellow
Volunteers: blue on green
Civil Guard: white on green dark
CTV (vol.): black on blue
CTV (Army): blue on blue

REPUBLICAN ARMY

Troops of Asturias: green on brown
Troops of Santander: white on brown
Troops of Euzkadi: blue on brown
Troops of Catalonia and Valencia: red on brown
Mallorca disembarkation force: blue dark on brown
Troops of Madrid: brown light on brown
Troops of Extremadura and Andalucía: blue light on brown
Popular army of the Republic: green on green
International Brigades: red on green
Russian tanks: red on red
Troops of POUM: red dark on red
Carabineros: red on green light
Guardias de Asalto: blue on green light

-- EVENTS--

1º If Bilbao falls the there is a possibility Basque troops will surrender
2º Some troops activated by an event or on a certain turn. This represents the relative inactivity which characterized several fronts when one side or the other was not carrying out a major offensive.
3º Some troops retire or are withdrawn from the game: Madrid militia(25-30), Euzkadi militia (20-38), Catalan and Valencian Militia (turn 45-50), Asturian Militia (31-47), Militias of Santander (23-30), militias of Extremadura (35-55), Andalusian militia (40-50), brigades of the POUM (turn 57), I Army of Africa (34-39) and Navarrese Brigades (turn 64)
4º The conquest or loss of cities, as well as certain events, can adversely affect Republican morale
5º If the nationalists lose Burgos or Sevilla, their morale decreases.
6º Republican aviation has an advantage until turn 13. From turn 35 onwards the aerial advantage goes to the Nationalists
7ª If the nationalists take Gijón their supply level increases by 1
8ª If the nationalists take Badajoz their supply level increases by 1.
9ª- If Palma de Mallorca falls nationalist supply is reduced by 5 and the republican supply increases by 2.
10ª-If the nationalists occupy Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia they obtain replacements.
11º- If the republicans occupy La Coruña, Burgos, Zaragoza, Cáceres, Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, or maintain Badajoz until turn 20 or recover it, they obtain replacements.
12ª- In turn 110 the negociations regarding Sudetenland (Czechoslovakia) begin. There is a 50% chance that the Munich accord will be signed; if it isn't republican supply increases, nationalist supply is reduced and the German and Italian troops are withdrawn from the game. The Western Democracies can also force and end to the war (normal end)

-VICTORIA--

-- If the game ends on turn 165, the Republic wins the war.
-- If the nationalists take Madrid, Barcelona or Valencia, the Republic may surrender.
-- If the republicans take Sevilla or La Coruña, the nationalists may surrender.
-- If the republicans occupy during any of the following cities at any moment of the game, they obtain permanent VPs according to the following schedule: Burgos +100, Zaragoza +100, Palma de Mallorca +100, Oviedo +60, Toledo +60, Teruel +40, Granada +40, Cordoba+40, Huesca +40, Vitoria +40 y Segovia +40.
-- If the republicans eliminate the unit of Moscardo (Toledo), obtain +100 VPs.
-- If the nationalists eliminate the unit of Government rep (Madrid), obtain +100 VPs and variable +5
-- If the nationalists occupy Santuario de la Virge de la Cabeza (32,39) before turn 42, obtain +20.VPs.
-- If the republicans still hold Bilbao or Gijón on the turn 77 (January of the 38),they receive 100 VPs and +3 supply for each.
-- In the first turns there is possibility that repression will take place in Madrid and Barcelona giving the nationalists +50 VPs . One replacement cadre unit will be eliminated in both Madrid and Barcelona -they will therefore no longer be available to be disbanded and added to the Nacionalist replacement pool; finally the Variable will increase.

--THEATER OPTIONS--

NATIONALIST.-
1º As of turn 2 and until turn 10, the nationalist player can initiate repression in Andalusia: this increases replacements by 50 and disbands guerrilla units, it also eliminates the Cordoba and Granada replacement cadre units which will no longer be available to be disbanded and added to the Republican replacement pool; finally the variable will be reduced.
2º After the fall of Badajoz, the nationalist player has the option to initiate the Repression of Extremadura: this increases replacements by 25 and disbands guerilla units; it also eliminates the Cáceres and Badajoz replacement cadre units which will no longer be available to be disbanded and added to the Republican replacement pool; finally the variable will be reduced..
3º After occupying Bilbao, the national player can initiate Repression in the País Vasco: +50 rep, +3 supply, +1 republican guerrilla, loss of the replacements of Bilbao and reduces the Variable.
4º From turns 25 to the 50, the nationalist player can accept Portuguese aid: +20 rep, to reflect Portuguese replacements.
5º On turn 50 the nationalists can obtain ships from Italy: +20 rep, available Fleet 5
6º On 122 the nationalist player can retire the CTV: +100 VPs.
7º On turn 150 the nationalist player can ask for the end of the war: +100 rep, and during 5 turns is a 20% chance of the game coming to a normal end

REPUBLICAN.-
1º On turn 11 the republican player must choose to continue the disembarkation in Majorca: +50 Nationalist VPs, republican naval transport 200 and must not withdraw from of Bayo.
2º When the nationalists are within 2 hexes of Madrid, the republican Government can leave Madrid: +50 Nationalist VPs and -3 Variable
3º On turn the 116 republicans can withdraw the International Brigades: +100 Republican VPs

IMPORTANT

1.- To add +1 to the AI
2.- Only garrisons may be disbanded.

Autor:
J.Galdon
elister72@hotmail.com

Thanks for the translation to Belisarius

Attachments
SpanishCi..Warv.4.zip
(224.55 KiB) Downloaded 936 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
Gribeauval

RE: Spanish Civil War 1936-39 (version 4)

Post by Gribeauval »

Hi, I have tried the first turns of this scenario as nationalists.

I have chosen to play with the new supply rules On.

But the supply levels of the nationalist units are very low (red colour, a few percent of supply for each nationalist units except their aviation).
I can't really launch an offensive. My units break very quickly.

Is this normal ? Is this due to the fact that the scenario was designed with an old version of TOAW ? Should I use the high supply optional rule ??

Best regards.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Gribeauval
Hi, I have tried the first turns of this scenario as nationalists.

I have chosen to play with the new supply rules On.

But the supply levels of the nationalist units are very low (red colour, a few percent of supply for each nationalist units except their aviation).
I can't really launch an offensive. My units break very quickly.

Is this normal ? Is this due to the fact that the scenario was designed with an old version of TOAW ? Should I use the high supply optional rule ??

Best regards.
I'm guessing that this scenario wasn't designed for TOAW IV and might need some tweaking before it's playable. What is the supply radius? You may want to edit the scenario and make it bigger. And maybe boost the supply stockpile while you're in there. Are there any supply points at all? You may want to add some. I hate it when the scenario doesn't have enough supply for the units to operate.
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
macgregor

Post by macgregor »

Hi Larry, and thanks for all your hard work transporting these scenarios. It seems like there are only these scenarios you or others may have transported from toaw 3; including most of the ones that come with the game, and that there are no new scenarios coming out. I would think with all the new capabilities that toaw 4 offers, there would be an explosion of new scenarios. Sadly I guess that's not the case.
Attack

Post by Attack »

I´ve played this scenario as Nationalist in TOAoW IV, and supply is reallistic.

If more supply, the Nationalist will win easily with the Army of Africa (Legión), the only real combat unit in Spain.

At the beginning of the war, the rest of the Spanish army and militias only had some bullets, sometimes a dozen every man.

Even whit so low supply, Army of Africa has a good chance to conquer Madrid. In fact, against PO, I´ve conquered Madrid in the first turns.

A nice scenario to understand Spanish Civil War. And sorry for my English, I´m spanish. [8|]
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

Thanks Attack,

I will try again this scenario.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”