Snatching Victory from the Jaws of De Feet

After Action Reports
larryfulkerson

RE: Snatching Victory from the Jaws of De Feet

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the Utah beach area right now. The supply levels seem okie dokie and I'm going to try to land some more paratroops in the area depicted in the vertical panorama below. I need a game changer kind of air drop from the British yet. I suppose it's against the rules to drop the British airborne on the American side of the battlefield so I'll not even try that. There's lots of good places for British paratroops to land yet in the British area, Shirley.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 116 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what I've got planned for the rail south of Utah beach. I'll have to fight my way through a bunch of Germans but I really need that rail to keep the advance going. There's no rail through the middle of this terrain so it'll have to be through St-Jean-De-Dude thence to St Lo and further south. No naval support and the arty missing there's no help for these folks as they push to St. Lo.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (727.42 KiB) Viewed 116 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what the peninsula looks like now:

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (568.23 KiB) Viewed 116 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what the other beaches look like now. I'm falling further and further behind schedule all the time. I'm having a hard time getting my paratroops to their landing zones because the Germans keep shooting at them as they fly to the mainland and force them back to their origination hex and put them in reorg. I'll have to lay on a lot more AS missions to intercept those interceptions.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (567.77 KiB) Viewed 116 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the front lines in T23 and you can see how similar to the last turn's front lines. They aren't changing very fast.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (396.75 KiB) Viewed 116 times
2clicks

Post by 2clicks »

Why can't I stop these planes! Easily over 100 shot down each turn yet still they come! Again I have tried a few attacks and nothing is sticking really. I am very concerned about the airborne troops, the Germans are struggling to contain the 1st round of the 2nd drop never mind the next one.

Having a look at my replacements I can not even contemplate a war of attrition. Nearly all my tucks are gone along with most other things. Running out of equipment would be a disaster right now so I've got to try keep it as long as possible. Attacks might need to stop, however some attacks that seem sure bets turn up nothing.

I was hoping to use the newly arriving troops to form a counter attack to relive pressure in some areas but I all ready have them earmarked for shoring up the line. The number and quality of allied troops is showing.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Andrew tells me in an email that he's got to go back to sea
and that means he's back to single player and reading AAR's.
So it looks like this game will stop here.
MikeJ19

Post by MikeJ19 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing, this was a really interesting battle. Larry, very surprised that you could use the railways. How are you getting trains over to France so quickly?

All the best,
Mike

Retired Gunner
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: MikeJ19

Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing, this was a really interesting battle. Larry, very surprised that you could use the railways. How are you getting trains over to France so quickly?

All the best,
I discovered that the AVE vehicles have engineers and can repair bridges and that the Corps HQ units can repair rail and I've been sending all the Corps HQ units to the rail hexes to repair them and so far I'm almost to the front lines. The supply levels are almost adequate at the fringes. It's an ongoing project to repair the bridges and rails.

Return to “After Action Reports”