Unable to see options for new PBEM++ Game

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
FriendlyKomissar

Unable to see options for new PBEM++ Game

Post by FriendlyKomissar »

Hello

Always had weird interface issues with this game but since the latest update I cannot see the PBEM interface options. I go to the lobby, host challenge and I see the list of scenarios

I click one, and nothing happens. I know a new window is there because I cannot click on any of scenaro's. If I press ESC I end up back on the lobby. If I press enter, it just hosts a game as me with the default starting side (e.g. axis if 1939 is picked) and gives me no ability to edit any of the game options.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Running the steam version at the moment on a windows 10 laptop.

FK
Wisely keeping out of Comrade Stalin's way.
FriendlyKomissar

RE: Unable to see options for new PBEM++ Game

Just a wee update for this - am unable to see in game event pictures that notify of basic things, unable to use the in game chat and I can only see decision events sometimes if I alt + tab in and out of the game. Pressing return selects the default option and allows me to continue. I know the event is there as I know the scenaros, but the screen seems frozen, moving the mouse does not move the map and pressing enter lets me past.

Pretty debilitating tbh, rendering the game almost useless... Can provide screen prints but they would not be of much value. I noticed that I also failed to post my technical specs in my original post which might have been of some help.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 7100U @ 2.40GHz 35 °C
Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
HP 830F (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1360x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 620 (HP)
Storage
119GB SanDisk SD8SN8U-128G-1006 (SSD) 31 °C
Optical Drives
None
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Friendly Kommissar,

Very odd issue indeed as I am unable to repeat it. Is this just happening with the PBEM lobby or also with other screens in the game?

Hubert
FriendlyKomissar

Hello Hubert,

just done some further testing as requested. Single player works perfectly fine. I can select the scenario, choose a side then pick further options. In game event pictures pop up (e.g. as axis the Versailles treaty). Clicking on quit, I get the "are you sure" prompt which I cannot see on PBEM - I just have to press enter to get past the invisible screen.

Tested Hotseat and its the same as PBEM++ - Can see no menus etc, can only press enter and it brings me into a game using the default selections.

Really not sure what to make of it. I am using the steam edition, not sure if I am allowed to install my original copy on this laptop or not to test it.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Friendly Kommissar,

Unfortunately yours is the only report of this issue I've received for this so far, so I suspect something OS or maybe even video card driver related. Have you tried upgrading your video card drivers?

Hubert
Sneedy65

Post by Sneedy65 »

Hi FriendlyKommissar,
I tried to do my first game turn yesterday but the Pbem-fgame crashed after my "end turn" command during the file transfer process to the server. From then on it wouldn't allow to start agin - I cannot enter the game anymore.

I emaild Hubert for help - it worked once back last week with another game, but at the moment I am stuck. So please have some patience. I will communicate with you via this forum, ok?

Greetings,

Sneedy65

Return to “Tech Support”