When a ship sinks

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

When a ship sinks

Post by Chris21wen »

No biggy but when a ship sinks you here shouts from the crew. Are the Japanese and Allied shouts different?
Barb

RE: When a ship sinks

Post by Barb »

Not sure, but there are also "fires burning and water splashing along the hull sound" and "creaking submarine hull going through crush depth" sounds too related to sinking ships...
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Sound files are generic to the game.
Years ago, I started modding them and the game points to certain "SFX" files depending on the event.

The only real issue I have ever found was sometimes a sub attack will cause an "aviation attack" sound to be played.

If you ever hear the sub skipper yelling "Dive,Dive"...that is Clark Gable from that great flick "Run Silent,Run Deep"...

BTW...Several of my sound mods were on the old "Spooky's UV/WITP" site.

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

The splashing/crew yelling sound seem to be randomly chosen when a ship sinks.

When a sub sinks, you hear the sub sinking sounds (and there might be two of those also).

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”