Combat Mission Black Sea - $$$$$

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

RE: Combat Mission Black Sea - $$$$$

Post by wodin »

Not sure why. Games is games. Console games are very expensive, and I'm certain many are rubbish.

I just don't think the asking price is to much. Well if you love tactical games it isn't. I've had many many hours entertainment.

Again show me the cheaper alternative that's as good as the series is at tactical scale wargame. Infact hard pushed just to find an alternative, let alone a cheaper one.

ORIGINAL: IslandInland

ORIGINAL: wodin

Where is the competition?

Worth it I feel.

Seen the price of console games!!

That's a nonsensical comparison.

chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

Screw the price, I can't play the game I paid for.

Sorry to hear that but you or your operating system/hardware are not working properly.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: chris_merchant
Screw the price, I can't play the game I paid for.

Sorry to hear that but you or your operating system/hardware are not working properly.
Ah..no, I just won't ask their permission to play a game I paid for everytime I need to reinstall.
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

yeah that's odd. I reinstall the cm series after a new windows 10 feature update. Never seen an issue. If you submit a ticket to their helpdesk they get back quite quickly.

vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Yeah it is odd that in 2018 I have to go through that crap just to play my game,when I want to play it.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

Yeah it is odd that in 2018 I have to go through that crap just to play my game,when I want to play it.

well then that definitely sounds like an issue at your end, as the game serial only needs to be submitted once and does not require further activations after that. Something in your system is clobbering the CM files I would say. Overly enthusiastic av, for instance.
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Graviteam is fine but a clunky UI. Oh well

Have you tried the new interface introduced in Mius Front?

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

www.DogsofWarVu.com[/center]
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

Take a look at Panzer Command: Ostfront from Matrix Here. A great game which is often overlooked.

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

ORIGINAL: Asid

ORIGINAL: demyansk

Graviteam is fine but a clunky UI. Oh well

Have you tried the new interface introduced in Mius Front?

Regards

Hi Asid,

I haven't purchased that one. Is the UI much better? I usually wait until Steam has a sale. I have OP Star, touch to play.
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

Hi demyansk

The newer titles, Mius Front and Tunisian Warfare have the new UI. It is a lot different than the original in Operation Star.

The graviteam devs give you a lot of options to use that is why it can seem overwhelming for some. Just spend a little time with it and it will become easy to navigate.

Take a look at the manual here

Did I mention that the games are on a big sale on Steam?

I hope this helps.

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Let me look at Tunisian - thanks
wodin

Post by wodin »

Just noticed in the recent Muis Front DLC which brought back snow you can even see the soldiers breath!!
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

lol. Hugely wrong but you've made up your mind! Please pass my milk!

Really? Check out this page for Fortress Italy. Especially this line: https://www.battlefront.com/cmfi-upgrades/

CMFI UPGRADES You must Upgrade to Engine 3 before Engine 4.

You have to buy and install EVERY previous upgrade before you can use the current one. They are all like that. And now they are releasing a Shock Force 2. It will be the same song and dance. You are hugely wrong but you've made up your mind! Please give me my milk back.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

ORIGINAL: Lobster

What's not to like about the upgrade situation?

Pay $10 every couple of years to add new features to the game you bought 7 years ago? Bargain! Priceless!

Pay nothing to patch out the bugs via their separate patch releases? Bargain!

:-)

THIS is what's wrong with it:

CMBN $60
CMFI $60 CMBN upgrade $10
CMRT $60 CMBN upgrade $10 CMFI upgrade $10
CMFB $60 CMBN upgrade $10 CMFI upgrade $10 CMRT upgrade $10

Where does it end? Each upgrade is incremental. Meaning you need ALL of them. None of them are comprehensive. They could be. Battle Front could make one patch each time they come up with something new so you only have to buy one upgrade. But nooo...you guys run to the trough and pony up each and every time. That's called Milking the Cow. And guess who the cows are. It's a horrible business model for gamers but since so many are so willing to get milked they just keep rolling them out. Mooooo. [:D]

Perfect explanation- what a pain to play a game
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

Dear oh dear, there are so many people posting wrong things on the internet!

So Mr Lobster, if you wanted to buy Fortress Italy right now (not that YOU would, of course!), you get the up to date Engine 4:

https://www.battlefront.com/fortress-it ... base-game/

If you'd bought it on original release back in 2012 or 2013, then yes, you'd need to pay for engine upgrades along the way, assuming you wanted the extra functionality of those upgrades. Bug patches are always free.

Lobster

Post by Lobster »

If you'd bought it on original release back in 2012 or 2013, then yes, you'd need to pay for engine upgrades along the way, assuming you wanted the extra functionality of those upgrades. Bug patches are always free.

Exactly. Pre planned incremental bleeding. What is wrong is you saying it was wrong when in fact it was factual.

Typically fans of the game buy it when it is introduced. For instance the Normandy game. Then they had to buy engine two. Typically when it was introduced. Then they had to buy engine three. Typically when it was introduced. Then they had to buy engine four. Typically when it was introduced.

I did by CMBN when it was introduced. I did By FI when it was introduced. I did buy RT when it was introduced. I did buy the upgrades up to and including engine three for each game when it was introduced. I followed the same course as most fans of the Combat Mission series because I've been playing these games for years. But I've had enough. I'll keep the rest of my money and buy games from companies that don't bleed their customers white.

Everything I've posted is the truth, no exaggeration.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

What you really need is a tardis! Wait, that wouldn't be cheap.

I suppose the thing that astounds me about your posts is that although you have a perfectly good gaming system right now, you are demanding additional features that had not been developed at the point of release.

If you were not happy with the features of the game when you bought it...well I guess you wouldn't have bought it.

And to suggest that Battlefront held back features to generate more income sounds to me of an extreme agenda fuelled by a flawed understanding of the niche development world that some of us support.

Lobster

Post by Lobster »

I am doubtful Battlefront suddenly came up with features out of the blue. I am not so naive. They call it upgrades while other companies call it DLC. This is a business model gaming companies have been nurturing for some time now. Just look at Paradox and their grand strategy games. The more time that goes by the more egregious this system becomes. It is a planned business model, not something where someone said, 'Oops, here's something we could have done. We'll add it now.' That would be something I would expect of a non professional gaming house, not one that has been in this business for years and years and making games that cover the same ground. If you are so naive to think this is not a planned money maker then go ahead, keep shoving money in the slot machine. I've kicked the habit.

chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

no worries will do :-)

Your last word below plz!

Return to “General Discussion”