Combat Mission Black Sea - $$$$$

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Combat Mission Black Sea - $$$$$

Post by demyansk »

I just wanted to check out the page and the game is going for $60.00 - OUCH, sell it for $20.00 and you would have a purchase. What's going on over there with the game prices. Even, Tom Clancy games go for less. Just sad

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?pa ... &Itemid=26

IslandInland

RE: Combat Mission Black Sea - $$$$$

Post by IslandInland »

I gave up on Battlefront a long time ago. Their store is a nightmare to navigate unlike the store here at Matrix which is a breeze to use by comparison.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: IslandInland

I gave up on Battlefront a long time ago. Their store is a nightmare to navigate unlike the store here at Matrix which is a breeze to use by comparison.

Me too. The forum was also very poorly controlled. Then one day I could no longer play the Strategic Command I purchased from them as apparently it had been too long since I played it (or bought it?) and they prohibited further playing of it.

Have been very happy with Matrix and bought SC again after they obtained the ability to sell it.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

ORIGINAL: IslandInland

Then one day I could no longer play the Strategic Command I purchased from them as apparently it had been too long since I played it (or bought it?) and they prohibited further playing of it.

That's outrageous behaviour on their part and just reinforces my decision not to do business with them any more. If they are pulling crap like that then they should be boycotted by all wargamers.

XXXCorps
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I used to love those games. I went to look and it said $60.00 and then I noticed more addons for the game. I wonder if that was more money. It's just weird that every company out there only charges that price in the first few months of a release. However, this game is going for a 60 spot and its old. I know I am not forced to buy it and I won't at that price. However,get with the times Battlefront. Show some loyalty to old time customers and chop those prices down 75%.

Oh well - keep going strong Matrix!!!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

as a game collector, i like their games, just not at the prices which are mentioned, and as they don't let other have them either, aka steam or the likes of Humble etc, i'll pass also[:(]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wodin

Post by wodin »

Where is the competition?

Worth it I feel.

Seen the price of console games!!
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

I like their games and have bought several - for when I am in a 3d / tactical mood.

I'm not fond of the "feel" of Battlefront however - it always felt like they were "doing me a favor" by deigning to answer my question as a customer - especially since I was not part of the inner circle over there.

I may still eventually buy Black Sea however since (as far as I know) there's not too much else out there covering very recent military equipment / forces (on land).

There's WinSPMBT but I would really need a counter mod in order to not go blind playing it. (my vision at fault there - not the game)

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Good game, horrible company. I own cmbn and a couple modules. I made the "mistake" of uninstalling them about a year ago. I thought I did it properly but tried to reinstall them without success.
It just isn't worth begging them to play my game anymore. Like the post above, they make you feel like they are doing me a favor to get my game to play.
It happens everytime I uninstall. Their attitude and lousy liscensing has made me give them up for good. Not that they care. Life's too short.
Their loss, I would have spent hundreds more.
It really makes me apreciate Matrix system. More money for Matrix.
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

I would recommend Graviteam titles.

A good developer who listens and engages with the community. Also they do not have a draconian DRM system.

Free, regular updates and very reasonably priced DLC.

Oh...They are on sale on Steam: Here

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

www.DogsofWarVu.com[/center]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

agree with Asid, on offer they are great games and good value
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wodin

Post by wodin »

I hate RTS but love Graviteam games. Saying that it's WEGO that for me makes CM erm CM and so top of the list.

Talking about Graviteam. The recent WW2 snow terrain release for Muis Front even shows the soldiers breath as they breath. Only just noticed it, amazing detail.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Where is the competition?

Worth it I feel.

Seen the price of console games!!

That's a nonsensical comparison.

XXXCorps
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Let's not forget what Matrix charged us for World in Flames digital. Matrix has some astounding games - I have almost all of them - but nothing to compete directly with the Combat Mission 3x series.

However, I had a heck of a time upgrading all my games to V3, and am afraid to upgrade CMBN, as I have so many mods and stuff. And no way am I upgrading any of my games to Version 4. I don't like their pricing policy, the AI can be weak at times, but got hooked on the first CMBO on a MacIIsi many years ago.

On the positive side is a great scenario editor and several hundred (imo) professionally designed custom scenarios at no charge. I have more than 500, plus mods, for CMBN alone.

chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

A lot of weird comparisons going on between a digital publisher and a small development team.

Little has been mentioned here of the in game experience of Combat Mission.

If gamers are more concerned about out of game comfy feel good stuff that's their own choice I guess.
Then one day I could no longer play the Strategic Command I purchased from them as apparently it had been too long since I played it (or bought it?) and they prohibited further playing of it.

This does not sound right to me See this link: tm.asp?m=4389357

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

The upgrade situation is not to my liking. However, Cmbb was great and something must have changed at one point. Graviteam is fine but a clunky UI. Oh well
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

What's not to like about the upgrade situation?

Pay $10 every couple of years to add new features to the game you bought 7 years ago? Bargain! Priceless!

Pay nothing to patch out the bugs via their separate patch releases? Bargain!

:-)
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: chris_merchant

What's not to like about the upgrade situation?

Pay $10 every couple of years to add new features to the game you bought 7 years ago? Bargain! Priceless!

Pay nothing to patch out the bugs via their separate patch releases? Bargain!

:-)

THIS is what's wrong with it:

CMBN $60
CMFI $60 CMBN upgrade $10
CMRT $60 CMBN upgrade $10 CMFI upgrade $10
CMFB $60 CMBN upgrade $10 CMFI upgrade $10 CMRT upgrade $10

Where does it end? Each upgrade is incremental. Meaning you need ALL of them. None of them are comprehensive. They could be. Battle Front could make one patch each time they come up with something new so you only have to buy one upgrade. But nooo...you guys run to the trough and pony up each and every time. That's called Milking the Cow. And guess who the cows are. It's a horrible business model for gamers but since so many are so willing to get milked they just keep rolling them out. Mooooo. [:D]

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

lol. Hugely wrong but you've made up your mind! Please pass my milk!
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Screw the price, I can't play the game I paid for.

Return to “General Discussion”