SS doesn't surface with 0 battery

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

George Patton

SS doesn't surface with 0 battery

Post by George Patton »

I have SS Sindhuraj in the Commonwealth Collision scenario with empty battery at -197 m depth. I gave him order to surface in order to recharge the battery but the sub remain at - 197 m. Any suggestion?
michaelm75au

RE: SS doesn't surface with 0 battery

Post by michaelm75au »

I believe that was fixed in one of the 1.14 builds (998.8??).
What version are you on?
Michael
George Patton

Post by George Patton »

I have 998.8
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Build 998.9 Release Notes (changes from B998.8)
--------------------------------------------------------------

* FIXED: Sub at periscope depth unable to snorkel due to a rounding error
* FIXED: [B998.8] Submarine at 0 speed unable to rise to surface

If it is still happening after trying the above build, can you attach a save?
Michael
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I can when I get home tomorrow. I have a Northern Inferno Opening Moves playthough that I finished last week and I took a look at the conclusion in the scenario editor and noted two Whiskey's trapped at depth with 0 Battery strength and I have the latest B998.9 build as well. I'll confirm I have the latest build before I attach but am 99 and 44/100 percent sure. So they were under computer control so not user error [:D]
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

Did you start the scenario while using build 998.9? If you started it with 998.8 (or earlier), the fix might not have taken full effect on that save.
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Actually my bad! As I'm working on a scenario I didn't download the Beta 998.9 (thought I had). So it was in 998.8. I try to use the most recent official update when designing scenarios.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

OK, I just posted this under "Bugs" with the files in a ZIP but yes I have had this still happen under B998.9. This Romeo was under Computer control in a scenario I'm designing and she stayed a depth until batteries ran out (within 2:30 hours of the scenario beginning).

Attachments
RomeoDeadinwater.jpg
RomeoDeadinwater.jpg (134.44 KiB) Viewed 119 times

Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Your right BeirutDude...

The bug is still there in 998.9, I just tested it in the they shall not pass scenario, I ran down the batteries on a British deisel sub and when the batteries and sub speed are at zero it cant surface...

Cheers
i224747

Post by i224747 »

Build998.9, Diesel-sub PL-633 (udssr), -40m, at 0% battery: i gave order to surface via Depth-Preset command. Worked as intended.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Lowlaner2012

Your right BeirutDude...

The bug is still there in 998.9, I just tested it in the they shall not pass scenario, I ran down the batteries on a British deisel sub and when the batteries and sub speed are at zero it cant surface...

Cheers
If you have the sub under manual command, it will obey your commands. If 'manual' is not set, it will come up and recharge.
Only issue seems to be that it will do this (not recharge) also for the subs on a computer-controlled side.
Michael
Uzabit

Post by Uzabit »

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

Your right BeirutDude...

Cheers
If you have the sub under manual command, it will obey your commands. If 'manual' is not set, it will come up and recharge.
Only issue seems to be that it will do this (not recharge) also for the subs on a computer-controlled side.

Well, I'd guess this is caused by custom waypoints (or manual speed or depth override) created by the scenario designer. Under this circumstance units will operate in manual mode and won't resurface automatically. In auto mode units will recharge corresponding to doctrine. It is questionable whether it is a engine bug per se or a problem with the scenario design.
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Well I must thick then because I cant get it to surface and recharge no matter if on manual or auto, maybe a dev could weigh in with an opinion....

My guess is that it an engine bug...

Cheers
Uzabit

Post by Uzabit »

Can you attach a savegame?
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I've attached a 988.9 scenario where I, as the designer, didn't touch ANY of the submarine throttle settings and when I play it in God's Eye View all three Diesel-Electric Boats are running under "Manual" for some reason. I did teleport them and assign them a mission but didn't adjust the throttle settings.

It is the above scenario but I deleted the original three subs and replaced them with new ones.
Attachments
Ulleungdo_..2018_V10.zip
(166.66 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Yeah sure :)

Take a look at the British diesel sub S11 Osiris, its around 117nm east of the Shetland Islands, it has no battery charge left and it wont resurface as ordered, no matter if on auto or manual...
Attachments
S11Osiri..zerobug.zip
(264.56 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Uzabit

Post by Uzabit »

Yeah sure :)

Take a look at the British diesel sub S11 Osiris, its around 117nm east of the Shetland Islands, it has no battery charge left and it wont resurface as ordered, no matter if on auto or manual...

Hi there,

that's strange. I've pressed F2, selected periscope depth, now batteries are recharging.

Hint: There's a difference between waypoint orders and direct unit commands. The former will be executed on waypoint arrival, latter will directly be executed.
Attachments
S11Osiri..charging.zip
(284.58 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

That is wierd, I will try and install the latest patch again... thanks for the help BTW :)
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

See my post above. As the designer I didn't touch the throttle settings. I just placed the sub in the scenario AS IS, teleported it and assigned it to a mission with NO adjustments to the mission speed settings. Here I've attached it. Run it in God's Eye View and look at what the subs do (you will see them in "Manual") and then look at the subs setting in the scenario before it runs and you will see there are NO manual settings. I'm telling you the boats are taking themselves over to "Manual."
Attachments
Ulleungdo_..2018_V10.zip
(166.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

OK show me the "Manual" speed Settings on this sub! Please because if I'm screwing up I want to know!

Attachments
RussianSubSettings.jpg
RussianSubSettings.jpg (118.8 KiB) Viewed 118 times

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”