Game doesn´t launch

This is the Gold Edition of the Original Strategic Command: Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare combined. It also Patton Drives East expansion and Strategic Command Pacific Theatre.
Gunja

Game doesn´t launch

Post by Gunja »

I have the same problem as stated in the steam discussion forum. Since I don´t have the permission to post a link and I don´t want to repeat myself, I will make it short. When I launch the game from the launcher, I get a error message about not having permission and that I have to run as an administrator. Then I get something about (Failed(make)Class not registered). When I try to change the exe to run as an administrator, launching the game will just return me to the launch screen.
What I can add, is that it has to do something with one of your updates. Because when I first installed the game it worked. Also I have the same problem with Classics WWI - I actually paid money to update to the steam version not to mention that I not uninstalled the old battlefront versions and now the game is broke. I hope that you will fix this as soon as possible.
Hubert Cater

RE: Game doesn´t launch

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Gunja,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and if you can do the following it should get you up and running again. Navigate to the following folder on your end:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command Classic WWII

Then locate the file called 'regsvr32_dx7vbdll.bat' and right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Then try and launch the game and if all is well it should run after that, if not let me know.

Hubert
Gunja

Post by Gunja »

I already tried that, since you suggested in the steam discussion forum to another user. Unfortunately it did not work for either of us. Once again, it has to do something with the changes in the update. Before it was working normally.

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Try running Steam client as administrator:

Run Steam as Administrator

- Navigate your Steam installation file (By default, it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam).
- Right-click the Steam executable.
- Follow the above steps to set it to Run as Administrator.
- Restart Steam.
Gunja

Post by Gunja »

So I delete my angry rant, that was here before because, after the restart of my computer, starting Steam as administrator does solve the problem. [:)]I don´t know why but it helps. Thank you.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Great to hear Gunja and happy gaming [:)]

Return to “Strategic Command Classic WWII”