Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

nicodede62

RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome

Post by nicodede62 »

Ok, I dont understand, after loading the game this morning. The yt'la race is disappear and she is replaced by another human race...
The game dont crash now, I just modify the 'tradeEverything=true' to flase, it's strange...
- Pour l'Empereur -
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

ORIGINAL: nicodede62

I check your solutions if I have time today, but if you needed, I upload the save game 10 mn before I encouter them.
https://files.fm/u/k74c2yc8
I ran the save file for half an hour and didn't meet up with any races. Can you get a save game when you just meet them?
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Ok it's strange, this is my last save from this morning before I crash again.

https://files.fm/u/93b7hdbu

- Pour l'Empereur -
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Hi. I just ran this save (and the other one). I talked to everybody and didn't get a crash. Of course I didn't see the yt'la race though.
I have tradeAnything=true because I wanted to see if I could replicate your crash but still couldn't.

Das, if changing the setting for tradeAnything prevents the conversation crash on your machine then there is something in the text of one of the planet or base names that the game is having trouble rendering. Your crash was an XNA drawing crash, not any code in the Bacon Mod. Is it possible you have a custom names file with non-standard characters? I find it interesting that the yt'la race may be related to the crash. Windows is notorious for not dealing with the ' character correctly in strings. I used to joke that Microsoft hated the Irish because of issues with names like O'Conner and such.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

Hi. I just ran this save (and the other one). I talked to everybody and didn't get a crash. Of course I didn't see the yt'la race though.
I have tradeAnything=true because I wanted to see if I could replicate your crash but still couldn't.

Das, if changing the setting for tradeAnything prevents the conversation crash on your machine then there is something in the text of one of the planet or base names that the game is having trouble rendering. Your crash was an XNA drawing crash, not any code in the Bacon Mod. Is it possible you have a custom names file with non-standard characters? I find it interesting that the yt'la race may be related to the crash. Windows is notorious for not dealing with the ' character correctly in strings. I used to joke that Microsoft hated the Irish because of issues with names like O'Conner and such.

I wondered about the apostrophe as well but everything seemed to work ok in the files. I've run a small game with Yl'ta starting close by and the diplomatic interaction is working fine for me. Maybe you could try that, nicodede62. Setup a game with Yl'ta in the same system (they start close by for me but at least you'll find them quickly).
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Can someone put me up to date on how to calculate the max mining rate of a mining station? Are the techs increasing that also increasing this max rate (if no, they are not that useful)
AGEOD Team
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

Can the Bacon Mod be used with the Beyond Universe Mod?
"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The Leader adjusts the sails." -John Maxwell
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: Pocus

Can someone put me up to date on how to calculate the max mining rate of a mining station? Are the techs increasing that also increasing this max rate (if no, they are not that useful)

The mining rate is number of mining components of a type (mineral, gas, luxury) times the extraction rate (which is value 1 for those component types).
In vanilla DWU these values are capped at 10, 40, 10 for the three categories. So increasing the resource extraction rate only reduces the number of mining components needed to max out.
In the Bacon mod I allow people to raise those values by editing value2 of the mining components improvements in the research.txt file.
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: Bedrock

Can the Bacon Mod be used with the Beyond Universe Mod?

The Bacon Mod can be used with anything. Haven't you ever heard the expression, "Everything's better with Bacon"? If you want terraforming, fighters, and moddable resource caps you will have to do some manual editing of the files though. It's really easy.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

This seems to not work

noFuelCruiseSpeedMultiplier=0.60
noFuelTopSpeedMultiplier=0.55
noFuelHyperSpeedMultiplier=0.50

i.e I restarted a new game with these settings, and freighters that get dry revert to 1/3 speed, not the settings I have indicated.
AGEOD Team
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Another question but I don't feel opening a thread each time, is the component upkeep cost purely dependent of the resources cost? It seems there is a base upkeep cost to each component also. I'm trying to introduce components with low upkeep despite their resource cost, but perhaps that's not feasible.
AGEOD Team
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Been having great fun with this so far thanks alot!

Are mining ships supposed to cost the player upkeep with this mod package?
The maintence of them seems to be applied to my own STATE income instead of PRIVATE income in my games

Thanks!
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Another question but I don't feel opening a thread each time, is the component upkeep cost purely dependent of the resources cost? It seems there is a base upkeep cost to each component also. I'm trying to introduce components with low upkeep despite their resource cost, but perhaps that's not feasible.

I believe I once saw that the is a constant cost of 1 per component plus the resource cost.
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

Been having great fun with this so far thanks alot!

Are mining ships supposed to cost the player upkeep with this mod package?
The maintence of them seems to be applied to my own STATE income instead of PRIVATE income in my games

Thanks!

The Bacon Mod allows the state to build types of ships that are usually built by the private sector. If you build them then they are state ships and the state pays for their maintenance. The private sector will continue to build as it always sits so there is no need to build state versions of you don't want to.
I usually only built a few when I have specific plans for them, such as using gas mining ships as flat refuelers or freighters for specific cargo runs.
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Appreciate the quick reply mate thank you and thanks for the mod it's great fun!!
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Is this something to consider when tweaking maintenance?
// This is the base cost paid per unit size regardless of the cost of materials. It is reduced by the same factors that reduce ship maintenance costs in general. Defaul for vanilla Distant Worlds is 1
shipMaintenanceCostPerSizeUnit=1

I have ceased using gas mining ships as fleet tankers. Weirdly enough, they keep wanting to go back to a base to refuel when they are low, on their own and this bother me. I never quite figured why sometime a ship would stay put even when she runs dry of fuel compared to others cases where she will head to a refuel depot.

AGEOD Team
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Is this something to consider when tweaking maintenance?
// This is the base cost paid per unit size regardless of the cost of materials. It is reduced by the same factors that reduce ship maintenance costs in general. Defaul for vanilla Distant Worlds is 1
shipMaintenanceCostPerSizeUnit=1

Yeah. I forgot I exposed that to modding. Its a floating point value type so you can set it to a really small number to reduce maintenance costs. You might be able to set it to zero but I have no idea if its used as a divisor anywhere.
I have ceased using gas mining ships as fleet tankers. Weirdly enough, they keep wanting to go back to a base to refuel when they are low, on their own and this bother me. I never quite figured why sometime a ship would stay put even when she runs dry of fuel compared to others cases where she will head to a refuel depot.

Two gas miners in a fleet can refuel each other. Make sure they are actually IN the fleet, not just nearby. #join [fleetName]. FleetName is case-sensitive, like all the #fleet commands.

Pocus

Post by Pocus »

ok thanks. You know you can add to a fleet any ship that is armed (through a right click), so #join is not needed. Armed ships also get the patrol order, which is handy to remove them from the idle list.
AGEOD Team
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ok thanks. You know you can add to a fleet any ship that is armed (through a right click), so #join is not needed. Armed ships also get the patrol order, which is handy to remove them from the idle list.

I found that out later after I had made the fleet commands. Still, Does the right click menu let you and any ship to any fleet? Sometimes I make up a deep exploration fleet of two gas miners, an exploration (science) ship, a colony ship (to see asteroids if needed) and a destroyer or two to fend off pirates. Then I send it off to see what it can find.

fenmoorz

Post by fenmoorz »

Got an error...

"more bias values than races at line 12"

what do I need to do to fix it? Took out all the mods and reinstalled and got the same situation when I am trying to Switch to theme "RETREATUE Bacon"

Thanks in advance for the help... Just need to know where I messed up.

Bill

Return to “Design and Modding”