Damage During Transport Loading

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
paulkenny

Damage During Transport Loading

Post by paulkenny »

How come on occassion my transports receive damage when loading? More specifically, sometimes I will setup a transport TF with a few AP that are with minimal damage, I load up some infantry and boom one of the AP has like 60 Sys 40 FLT damage.

Am I doing something wrong?
Yamamoto

Post by Yamamoto »

Maybe your troops REALLY hate being transferred and are sabotaging your ship. :)

I've never seen that myself.

Yamamoto
paulkenny

Post by paulkenny »

I've seen it a number of times. i thought that it might have occurrred from taking a ship from another TF, one that was unloading but I dont think I did that last night and still saw the damage occur.
Mike_B20

Post by Mike_B20 »

Maybe it has something to do with the new sub intercept, ie subs can intercept whatever passes through their hex.

I've seen ships damaged by subs that have not triggered a combat report or a cinematic replay in the combat save.
Never give up, never surrender
paulkenny

Post by paulkenny »

Thing is the damage occurred DURING the loading process, during my doing my turn. I setup a transport TF by listing ships, click on the TF and load troops load the troops and WHAM there is teh damage, just dont get it.
denisonh

Post by denisonh »

Originally posted by paulkenny
Thing is the damage occurred DURING the loading process, during my doing my turn. I setup a transport TF by listing ships, click on the TF and load troops load the troops and WHAM there is teh damage, just dont get it.

Only time I have seen this is when loading units with a large unit or number of units, and the AI automatically adds a ship in the port to to the current TF to "assist" with the large load.

Of course, if the ship is damaged it is in port as opposed to a TF (If it wasn't, would have put it in the TF in the first place).

Check to see if this is what is hapening.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Snigbert

Post by Snigbert »

How come on occassion my transports receive damage when loading? More specifically, sometimes I will setup a transport TF with a few AP that are with minimal damage, I load up some infantry and boom one of the AP has like 60 Sys 40 FLT damage.

Maybe it is from port damage caused by port attack missions. Or the transports in port were hit by port attacks but for some reason it doesnt show up in the bases ship list?

I think the problem is you're playing such a bad-*** opponent. :)
"Money doesnt talk, it swears. Obscenities, who really cares?" -Bob Dylan

"Habit is the balast that chains a dog to it's vomit." -Samuel Becket

"He has weapons of mass destruction- the world's deadliest weapons- which pose a direct threat to the

Return to “The War Room”