newest patches/installers not 32 bit compatible

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

hopro

newest patches/installers not 32 bit compatible

Post by hopro »

My operating system is 32 bit Windows 7, and I wanted to update from version 5.2.3 in anticipation of the Sandstorm DLC. The only file available is an installer for 6.1.7. When I install this, the launch window links to a non-existent 64 bit version of the executable. If I try to execute the executable within the program folder, there is an error that says that the program is not compatible with Windows. I tried to patch up to 6.1.8, and the executable does launch but immediately crashes to desktop without doing anything. I then tried to patch up to 6.1.9 and the game launches to the WW2/Battle of Britain selector window. Thereafter the screen goes blank indefinitely and must be manually terminated. I used the same 6.1.7 installer on my 64 bit laptop, and everything is fine. The trend in recent updates seems to be abandoning 32 bit compatibility, but I would like a clear indicator if Sandstorm is out of the question for me.
VPaulus

RE: newest patches/installers not 32 bit compatible

Post by VPaulus »

After having installed 6.1.9, delete the Settings folder that can be found in the Windows documents folder at:
...\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2
Run the game and check if the issue persists.
hopro

Post by hopro »

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried this, but the problem is the same. There is an endless blank screen where the movie should begin.
Brimacan

Post by Brimacan »

The question still remains unanswered. Can Order of Battle-WW2 be updated from version 5.2.3 to version 6.1.7 on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine?
Brimacan

Post by Brimacan »

ORIGINAL: Brimacan

The question still remains unanswered. Can Order of Battle-WW2 be updated from version 5.2.3 to version 6.1.7 on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine?
Wow. The silence is deafening on this one. Where's the tech support on such a basic question as this? It will be literally a yes you can or no you can't response. How hard can that be to do?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

advice and information given was incorrect so removed it, waiting for more up to date advice to offer
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry, but we are still looking into this issue.
GrizzlyKt

Post by GrizzlyKt »

have you tried a different install path ie

C:\Program Files\Matrix\Order of Battle World War II

or

C:\Matrix Games\Order of Battle World War II

if that doesnt work could you please download and try the steam version to see if that works its free

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3124 ... ld_War_II/
Brimacan

Post by Brimacan »

I see that you have a lot of posting experience here. It's too bad that in your obvious zeal to put a newbie "in his place" you are completely wrong.

Nowhere does it say anywhere in this thread that Order of Battle ver 6.1.7 has installed, updated ver 5.2.3 and successfully run on a 32-bit processor equipped computer running Windows 7. If it had then hopro wouldn't have had to start this thread in the first place and tech support wouldn't still be looking into it now.
But don't take my word for it, I see VPaulus the tech support staffer has also had to correct you on this point as well.

To be honest, the whole problem could have been simplified somewhat if Matrix Games had listed on the product page requirements section if the game was 64-bit only or 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility.

I don't mind being taken to task when I'm mistaken about something, but it is annoying to be corrected when I'm not by someone who, at least on this occasion, doesn't know what they're talking about.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

GrizzlyKt was just trying to help.
This issue is only with the stand alone version. The Steam version seems to be working well in 32 bit Windows.

Please download the patch for the 32 bit Windows versions from the links below:

http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... v6.1.9.zip
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... v6.1.9.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... v6.1.9.zip

This is only for the stand alone version.
GrizzlyKt

Post by GrizzlyKt »

You try to help people and you get comments like this

It's too bad that in your obvious zeal to put a newbie "in his place"

my post was intended to help and not put anyone in there place

ORIGINAL: Brimacan

I see that you have a lot of posting experience here. It's too bad that in your obvious zeal to put a newbie "in his place" you are completely wrong.

Nowhere does it say anywhere in this thread that Order of Battle ver 6.1.7 has installed, updated ver 5.2.3 and successfully run on a 32-bit processor equipped computer running Windows 7. If it had then hopro wouldn't have had to start this thread in the first place and tech support wouldn't still be looking into it now.
But don't take my word for it, I see VPaulus the tech support staffer has also had to correct you on this point as well.

To be honest, the whole problem could have been simplified somewhat if Matrix Games had listed on the product page requirements section if the game was 64-bit only or 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility.

I don't mind being taken to task when I'm mistaken about something, but it is annoying to be corrected when I'm not by someone who, at least on this occasion, doesn't know what they're talking about.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

don't worry and feel bad GrizzlyKt, i also got it wrong

it seems sometimes we try and help, bit not knowing the full picture and all the details, 9 out of 10 times we are right, but also 1 out of 10 times we are wrong, so helping isn't a crime, same as getting it wrong, it happen, something we have to learn to deal with with helping others,

i see it from all area's tbh, one someone buys something and can't get it to work, then also when only given half the picture, we sometimes has to guess the rest for a useful answer, so every now and then, we fail, it's life and part of helping, as only god always gets it right, so i don't mind with 70 to 80% odds tbh.

and thanks for the help all the same[;)]
GrizzlyKt

Post by GrizzlyKt »

No Probs Zakblood my misses says im very trying lol
hope your doin ok mate
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

fine thanks, and mine says i'm very trying also[X(][:D]
Brimacan

Post by Brimacan »

If telling someone they're wrong (when they're not) ,saying their question has already been answered (when it hasn't) and then giving them a short condescending lecture on how they should make posts is your idea of "trying to help people" then perhaps your friend should reconsider his posting style. There is a huge difference between offering help and providing ill-informed opinion.
Brimacan

Post by Brimacan »

Many thanks VPaulus for your efforts in resolving this issue.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

when anyone here apart from staff tries to help, they do it with the best intentions and the most up to date information posted, if something is found to be wrong after the post, we amend it, or say sorry for it, bit if like this it's something unknown, as the post only was about one given installation, not for everyone etc
This issue is only with the stand alone version
nobody apart from support staff was to know.

board and forum helpers are normally first on the post, with forum mods being next, then after others have tried to help, staff mods come, this is how a friendly forum works, if members wish to take the direct approach and bypass this, that's why the Official Support Matrix Games Help Desk approach was setup with a ticket and staff reply.

everyone here is my friend, no higher or lower, and member always try and help, myself i'm dyslexic, it's not an excuse it's a fact, so what i say and what i type doesn't always come out how i'd like it, but it's help or is meant to and most of the time others here try and that's the point, we all try, but yes sometimes we get it wrong, and i'm sorry for that, sometimes when we look back at posts we could do better, with replies worded better, but in hindsight, this is true with almost everything in life, it only takes one harsh word to put a helper off for good, then also it's true, one error made and it puts a buyer off for good, so a balance is needed, before most answer anything, they look through the previous support posts and find the most up to date information given on a given topic and apply there answer to this, if it's a new not mentioned before topic, then a standardize reply is given, for more in depth information so by then, either a pm to a forum mod or staff mod can get a better or more up to date and more accurate reply, but sometimes even this doesn't work, as staff both forum mods and staff mods work office hours and in different time zones, so sometimes only one or the other is on, and if doing something else, the post either goes unanswered or every now and then, a incorrect reply is given, but it's always altered when more up to date information is found, but for a few hours, it's the best to everyone's knowledge on at the time, so there wrong, and again i'm sorry for this, but can't be anything other than human, which means we make mistakes [:(]

Return to “Tech Support”